Anime GuideTokyo GhoulTokyo Ghoul:reTokyo Ghoul: Jack (OVA)Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto (OVA)Manga GuideTokyo GhoulTokyo Ghoul:reTokyo Ghoul: JackOneshotStory ArcsSui IshidaNovelsTokyo Ghoul: DaysTokyo Ghoul: VoidTokyo Ghoul: PastTokyo Ghoul:re: questMusicUnravelThe SaintsMunouKisetsu wa Tsugitsugi ShindeikuBANKAGamesTokyo Ghoul: carnavalTokyo Ghoul: JailTokyo Ghoul: Dark WarTokyo Ghoul :re InvokeBooksTokyo Ghoul: zakkiTokyo Ghoul: JailTokyo Ghoul: animeTokyo Ghoul: movieLive-actionStage Play2017 FilmCharactersAnteikuKen KanekiTouka KirishimaYoshimuraRenji YomoNishiki NishioKomaKaya IrimiLoserQuinx SquadHaise SasakiGinshi ShirazuKuki UrieTooru MutsukiSaiko YonebayashiShinsanpei AuraTouma HigemaruChing-Li HsiaoInvestigatorsKoutarou AmonAkira MadoJuuzou SuzuyaKishou ArimaTake HirakoYoshitoki WashuuYukinori ShinoharaKureo MadoKousuke HoujiHideyoshi NagachikaAogiri TreeOne-Eyed KingTataraNoroEtoAkihiro KanouAyato KirishimaNakiMizaSeidou TakizawaYamoriClownsUtaItoriSoutaNicoRoma HoitoOther GhoulsShuu TsukiyamaRize KamishiroHinami FueguchiKazuichi BanjouDonato PorporaMadam AKanae von RosewaldTorsoNutcrackerRobed GiantGhoulOne-Eyed GhoulKaguneKakuganKakujaMaskCCG GlossaryQuinqueQuinxQ bulletsRatingGhoul Countermeasures LawRc Scan GateOrganizationsAnteikuCCGAogiri TreeClownsVKaneki's groupChi She LianGoatLocationsCochlea11th Ward BaseGhoul RestaurantThe Chateau:reZeum hallTokyoEvents11th Ward BattleRaid of Kanou's LabOwl Suppression OperationAuction Mopping-up OperationTsukiyama Family Extermination OperationRushima Landing OperationCommunityPoliciesManual of StyleImage policyDatesSpoiler policyComment StandardsRecent blog postsAnime/Manga HubTokyo Ghoul
Tokyo Ghoul Wiki
370 Posts
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
All Contributors
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar

[Speculation] Was it Hide who sent that book to Kaneki?

So, in chapter 109 (vol. 11) of Tokyo Ghoul original manga there was a public signing of Takatsuki in shop (or restaurant, doesn't matter). When Kaneki with Hinami left, Hide came to Takatsuki to get sign a book. He told her to sign it for Ken Kaneki. Then they are talking and it seems that the book she signed is "The hanged man's MacGuffin" 

File:Takatsuki signing.jpg











In special chapter 31.5 of Tokyo Ghoul :re manga, after the Christmas party of Investigators, Sasaki (now, we already know that he is Kaneki-kun) found a gift, and it is "The hanged man's MacGuffin" book signed by Takatsuki for Ken Kaneki.
File:Sasaki christmas gift.jpg









So, is it possible that Hide survived at the end of Tokyo Ghoul manga (it's not clear what happend to him yet, he just disappeared) and now sent this book to Kaneki?

0 13
  • Upvote
  • Reply
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
0

^I think they haven't read the first series and only saw the anime.

@OP

I'm 99.9% sure that's Hide's copy, but whether or not it was him that sent it is the million dollar question. We have absolutely no idea what became of the guy. He could have sent it himself or someone sent it for him. It's really a 50/50 guess.  

0
Gonza3 wrote:
^ I don't understrand your logic, Why are you comparing the anime with the manga? , How the hell Hide would know the address of Haise 2 year before?

I didn't think this through enough , 

yea Hide probably didn't know Haise's address but Hide might have gave the book to somebody knowing that he will probably die .

the only question here is who gave Haise the book since Hide died not knowing that Kaneki will be Haise and will be joining the CCG.

its impossible that Hide gave it to Akira because she didn't know Kaneki well before and maybe Hide gave it to Touka since Hide kinda know Touka ,also in chapter 31.5 the book was with Kaneki's original mask so who has Kaneki's mask at the end of Tokyo Ghoul?

0

Probably the mask was also made by Uta and he also said that he saw Kaneki in chapter 31.5

So that means Uta probably send that box with the mask and the book but whose book was it Hide's or not? im 99.9% sure that its Hide's book.

0
HaiseSaki wrote:
Gonza3 wrote:
^ I don't understrand your logic, Why are you comparing the anime with the manga? , How the hell Hide would know the address of Haise 2 year before?
I didn't think this through enough , 

yea Hide probably didn't know Haise's address but Hide might have gave the book to somebody knowing that he will probably die .

the only question here is who gave Haise the book since Hide died not knowing that Kaneki will be Haise and will be joining the CCG.

its impossible that Hide gave it to Akira because she didn't know Kaneki well before and maybe Hide gave it to Touka since Hide kinda know Touka ,also in chapter 31.5 the book was with Kaneki's original mask so who has Kaneki's mask at the end of Tokyo Ghoul?

From what I recall, Sasaki received the book and mask together, but I think they were separate packages. Kaneki's original mask was destroyed and Uta sent him a new one.

One of the reasons why the book is so odd is because it was sent 2-3 years after Hide disappeared and right around the time Sasaki was researching himself. This could hint that someone knew that Sasaki was looking into his past and decided to lend a helping hand. The book itself technically isn't important, it was Kaneki's name. The book mostly served as a convenient disguise because no one would suspect anything about a book being sent to a big 'ol bookworm.

0
HaiseSaki wrote:
Probably the mask was also made by Uta and he also said that he saw Kaneki in chapter 31.5

So that means Uta probably send that box with the mask and the book but whose book was it Hide's or not? im 99.9% sure that its Hide's book.

The manga scans in the OP show that it's most likely Hide's copy, lol.

0
Blue Luna wrote:
HaiseSaki wrote:
Probably the mask was also made by Uta and he also said that he saw Kaneki in chapter 31.5

So that means Uta probably send that box with the mask and the book but whose book was it Hide's or not? im 99.9% sure that its Hide's book.

The manga scans in the OP show that it's most likely Hide's copy, lol.

Yea it's Hide's copy rather than Hinami's .

0

And im also wondering what happened to Hide it's impossible that Kaneki ate him without a trace of his body in the manga . It's possible that Hide might be alive in the manga! but it can also be that Aogiri took him  but I have low hopes for that one .

But wouldn't it be sad for the current Kaneki to see that (Example) Hide turned into a merciless Ghoul like Seidou , I would want to see Kaneki's reaction from that scenerio .

0

So, I was searching Internet for som theories about Hide and where he disappeared after Tokyo Ghoul, and this seems to be quite accurate.

There was also this theory about who sent the book to Kaneki, and based on the research author made Hideyoshi is our mysterious sender (or at least it's his book).

0
Silicoin wrote:
So, I was searching Internet for som theories about Hide and where he disappeared after Tokyo Ghoul, and this seems to be quite accurate.

There was also this theory about who sent the book to Kaneki, and based on the research author made Hideyoshi is our mysterious sender (or at least it's his book).

Wow , some seems accurate but wait its just a THEORY a TOKYO GHOUL THEORY . haha

0
A FANDOM User
HaiseSaki wrote:
Silicoin wrote:
So, I was searching Internet for som theories about Hide and where he disappeared after Tokyo Ghoul, and this seems to be quite accurate.

There was also this theory about who sent the book to Kaneki, and based on the research author made Hideyoshi is our mysterious sender (or at least it's his book).

Wow , some seems accurate but wait its just a THEORY a TOKYO GHOUL THEORY . haha


Tbh it was probably Arima that sent the book to him since Arima wanted Kaneki to kill him