Anteiku (あんていく, Anteiku) was a small neighbourhood café in the Tokyo Ghoul series.
On the surface, the cafe appeared innocent, plain, and pleasant. However, at its heart, it was also an organization of ghouls of the 20th ward. It provided aid and food for ghouls in need, managed the feeding grounds of the ghouls in the 20th Ward, and collected food for ghouls by searching for the bodies of humans who committed suicide.
Anteiku had two floors and a basement. The ground floor was the café itself, where the customers entered and the coffee was brewed. There was a storage space along with a meeting room on the second floor. The second floor also contained living quarters for some Anteiku members, including Touka Kirishima (anime only) and Hinami Fueguchi. The basement was a hidden floor underneath the ground floor where human meat was stored. There was also an entrance to the 24th ward here.
Due to its influence, the 20th ward was considered docile in comparison to other wards, and had been neglected by the CCG.
By tacit agreement, the ghouls refrained from hunting human customers of the cafe.
- Yoshimura (Manager)
- Enji Koma (Waiter)
- Kaya Irimi (Waitress)
- Ken Kaneki (Part-time waiter, from chapter 9)
- Nishiki Nishio (Waiter, from chapter 47)
- Roma Hoito (Waitress, from chapter 84)
- Touka Kirishima (Part-time waitress)
- Renji Yomo (Information gathering, body collection, previous waiter)
- Hetare (Cockatiel, from chapter 40 until chapter 79)
- Hinami Fueguchi (Resident in the upper floor, anime only)
- Rio (game only)
Fate of Staff
- Yoshimura - Captured by Aogiri Tree, currently being used as the donor for Akihiro Kanou's experiments.
- Koma and Irimi - Escaped V14 and joined :re.
- Kaneki - Lived as Ghoul Investigator Haise Sasaki, as a result of amnesia. He has retained this identity after regaining his memories.
- Nishiki - Escaped the 20th Ward, and has adopted the alias "Serpent". Associated with :re.
- Roma - Escaped the 20th Ward, and continues acting as a member of the Clowns.
- Touka and Yomo - Escaped the 20th Ward, and founded a new cafe, :re.
- Hetare - Unknown.
- At the end of the Tokyo Ghoul manga, it is mentioned that the meaning of Anteiku remains a mystery. It is often translated as a pun; 'antique', in other language dubs because of similarity in sounding and seemed like Yoshimura kept a small antique coffee cup in a cupboard. Anteiku can also be written as "安定区" in Kanji, which literally means "peaceful ward" or "harmony zone".
- Anteiku is an anagram of "Ukina Eto," both the wife and daughter of Yoshimura.