The characteristics of half-humans are closer to humans than ghouls. Like humans, they cannot manifest kagune nor kakugan, and are able to consume normal food. However, they differ from humans in two traits:
- Highly developed physical capabilities.
- Accelerated aging that causes a shortened lifespan.
Because of these physical capabilities, Hairu Ihei was able to continue fighting after a heavy injury from being pierced through the abdomen. Due to the accelerated aging, Kishou Arima suffered from glaucoma, a well-known illness among the aged and elderly that slowly deteriorated his eyesight. Though half-humans lack a kagune, they register as ghouls when passing through the Rc Scan Gates.
All known half-human individuals hail from the Sunlit Garden, where they are bred for the purpose of hybridization in breeding experiments.
- Kishou Arima †
- Hairu Ihei †
- Nimura Furuta (Formerly; Converted to one-eyed ghoul)
- Ching-Li Hsiao (Formerly; Converted to Quinx)
- Shio Ihei
- Yusa Arima
- Rikai Souzu
- Two unnamed members of Arima Squad