Kaneki's group was a group that was formed by many ghouls agreeing to become Kaneki's subordinates to aid him in fulfilling his various personal goals.
Kaneki's primary objective is to protect his friends and associates who are important to him. Thus, after he was kidnapped by Aogiri Tree and tortured by Yamori, he resolved to "pick out" any people he considers bad or threatening to his home.
In order to prevent Aogiri from getting their hands on Professor Kanou, the group hunted the scientist's whereabouts for about six months. Kaneki was also hoping to get his own questions answered by Kanou while searching for Rize's true identity and origins.
After getting information on Madam A having "modified humans" as scrappers and deducing Kanou's influence, Kaneki infiltrated the Ghoul Restaurant with Tsukiyama's aid. He attempted to contact Madam A during the ambush but was stopped by Kurona and Nashiro. News about the restaurant's destruction and rumors of Kaneki's involvement spread.
Just prior to the Owl Suppression Operation, the group was disbanded with plans to return to Anteiku. However, this was disrupted by the discovery of the raid and forced the members to scatter. During the timeskip, the group would be separated and affiliated with different groups becoming enemies for a time.
- Ken Kaneki - Leader
- Hinami Fueguchi
- Shuu Tsukiyama
- Kazuichi Banjou
- Chie Hori - Informant
- Rio (Game only)
After the group was disbanded, the members were scattered across Tokyo and eventually completely separated. Currently, the following is known about them.
- Ken Kaneki - Lived under the identity of Ghoul Investigator Haise Sasaki, as a result of amnesia.
- Hinami Fueguchi - Joined Aogiri Tree in order to become stronger.
- Shuu Tsukiyama - Fell into a depression that lasted several years.
- Kazuichi Banjou - Took command of the 6th ward as its new leader, with a large number of followers.
- Ichimi, Jiro, and Sante - Unknown, but presumably still with Banjou.
- Chie Hori - Retaining her friendship with Tsukiyama, she tried to help him overcome his depression. Furthermore, she continued her activities as an information broker
After regaining his memories, Kaneki reunited all of the former members of his group and now all of those are part of Goat.