|Japanese Name||入見 カヤ （いりみ かや）|
|Affiliations||Black Dobers (Formerly)|
:re - Associates (Formerly)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 16|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Novel Debut||Void: Chapter 4|
|Game Debut||Tokyo Ghoul: Jail|
|English VA||Morgan Mabry|
|Film Actor||Nozomi Sasaki|
"If you choose to stand atop others, you should learn to rely on them."
Irimi is a woman with long, dark hair with long, parted locks in the front. Irimi dresses fairly casually. At first glance, she seems to be a rather solemn and taciturn woman. After the timeskip she has her hair shorter due to cutting it.
In the past, Irimi's hair was considerably shorter.
Her ghoul mask resembles a Doberman's face.
She normally keeps to herself and is quiet and reserved. In subtle moments, she can be quite annoyed and speak out her honest thoughts however. She has also been shown to be especially kind towards Touka Kirishima, and Hinami Fueguchi. Like Enji Koma, she has been with Yoshimura long before they were employees at Anteiku and is quite loyal to the manager. When she was about to die, she was willing to accept and embrace her death, described by Renji Yomo, it was punishment for her past sins.
In the past, Irimi was a very murderous ghoul who possessed a more savage and cruel disposition.
A decade prior to the series, Irimi was the leader of a notorious ghoul gang of the 20th ward recognizable for wearing black Doberman-like masks. A rival of the Apes and their leader, the Devil Ape, the two gangs clashed often. She was involved in killing many associates of Chuu Hachikawa. She may have been the ghoul who disfigured Hachikawa's face during this time as well. After meeting Yoshimura, she drifted from her violent past and became a waitress at the café, Anteiku.
Owl Suppression Operation
Irimi emerged as the Black Dog to defend Anteiku, leading a group of ghouls named the Black Dobers who once occupied the 20th ward. She nearly died in the fight, but was saved by Kaneki. Before parting ways, she advised him that the survivors would be using Route V14 to escape. Later, Kaneki would encounter Kishou Arima there, landing amid a large number of dead ghouls. When the two arrived at Route V14, they encountered investigators of Zero Squad, however managed to escape as Arima was busy fighting Kaneki.
Rushima Landing Operation
During the Rushima Landing Operation, Irimi takes part in the battle between Shuu Tsukiyama, the White Suits, Miza Kusakari and the Ui Squad. Kuramoto and Irimi believed they recognized one another, and she teases that he's seeing a ghost. Irimi briefly fought Kuramoto, and dodged Takeomi Kuroiwa's sudden attack, causing them to exchange blows before she switched opponents with Tsukiyama. While the other fought, she and Koori Ui engaged in a high speed battle. Koori stabbed the face of a ghoul meaning to flank him before the two exchanged words when Taishi Fura attacked her from behind. Koori used the opportunity to get in an attack on her but his quinque was grabbed by another hooded individual, taking him by surprise.
Like Enji she possessed a deep loyalty to her employer as he helped her fix herself inwardly.
In the past they were rivals with opposing gangs that clashed frequently. However, the previous hostility left along with their joining at Anteiku. She and Enji were often together, sometimes having quarrels about small things, but never in a hostile way, such as whose coffee was better or who was the stronger ghoul. However, despite not referring to each other in the most respectful terms, such as Irimi thinking of Koma as "that monkey", they can be nonetheless be considered friendly to each other. She was used to the majority of his hearty jokes, such as translating his joke calmly to Yoshimura before the battle of Anteiku. During the Owl Suppression Operation, they both wondered whether the other was dead, almost in a sarcastic fashion.
She acted as an elder sister figure to Touka. Irimi and Touka were comfortable enough with each other for Irimi to share personal memories and details of her past life. In turn, Touka was relaxed with her, displaying her rough attitude and speaking her mind which Irimi neither minded nor reprimanded her for.
Like Touka, Irimi acted similar to an elder sister figure to Hinami. She always spoke to Hinami with kind words and passed on some of what she knew to her, such as the teaching her how to focus and discern the details of sounds based on their ghoul ability.
Despite not interacting with him much she is grateful to him for rescuing her during the Anteiku Raid and greets him joyfully when they reunite after their respective battles. When Goat is founded she defers to Kaneki's leadership without opposition.
Powers and Abilities
Ghoul Physiology: Irimi possesses an ukaku kagune, as well as higher physical capabilities along with heightened senses apart from her ukaku kagune.
- Ukaku Kagune: Her kagune takes the form of two beetle-like wings with a tail between them.
- Superhuman Senses: She has excellent hearing abilities, able to differentiate the volume, type, deflection and rhythm of sound waves to comprehend details of enemies and the surroundings. Using this method, she can pinpoint ghouls and their location through vibrations emanating from their kagune. Irimi can also take advantage of this ability to predict the movements and attacks of enemies during a fight before they are executed to dodge and use in her favor..
- Superhuman Agility: Irimi can swiftly dodge a barrage of attacks from multiple enemies at once within milliseconds.
- In Tokyo Ghoul Trump, she is featured as the "Ten of Spades" alongside Enji Koma.
- To herself: "Have I made the right choices until now? I don't care about that. "Right" or "wrong", they don't matter. In the first place, there might not have been anything like that. But the things I've chosen until now, the sins I've committed, entering Anteiku with that ape man, passing my time during those days so boring that they make you yawn, and being able to die for someone: I think those are all "fine". Yeah, today I can die."
- About Kaneki: "Damn it, each and everything, such a bad kid."
- To Kaneki: "If you choose to stand atop others, You should learn to rely on them."