|Japanese Name||西野 貴未 （にしの きみ）|
|Foot Length||23.5 cm|
|Affiliations||Nishiki Nishio (Formerly)|
Aogiri Tree (Formerly)
Great Wheel Act (Founder)
|Relatives||Takashi Nishino (Father) †|
Mie Nishino (Mother) †
Younger Brother †
Nishiki Nishio (Boyfriend)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 6|
|Anime Debut||Episode 2|
|Novel Debut||Past: Chapter 5|
|English VA||Caitlin Glass|
|Stage Play||Kasumi Yamaya|
"If I had been born a ghoul I think I would have killed people. I... was just born as a human by chance, and because of that I'm able to live a lovely life."
Kimi Nishino (西野 貴未, Nishino Kimi) is an assistant for Akihiro Kanou, aiding in his ghoulification experiments. Previously, she was Nishiki Nishio's human lover, and a medical student at Kamii University. Though aware of his ghoul nature, she remained loyal to him and kept his secret. After the Owl Suppression Operation, he left her in order to keep her safe.
A short hime-cut hair girl, she is a normal casual college student who attends the same university as Nishiki, Kaneki and Hide. She wears two matching bangles that Nishiki also wears as a couple.
She has become devoted to Nishiki after he unknowingly helped comfort her after losing her family in an accident. She is also discreet on keeping a secret for her affiliations with Nishiki and Kaneki, since helping ghouls (who are enemies of humanity) is a more severe offense than helping out human criminals.
Kimi lost her parents and her younger brother in an accident. Around that time, Nishiki approached her and they started going out.
Doves' Emergence Edit
Kimi found Nishiki in his apartment after he had been heavily wounded by Ken Kaneki. At that moment, she found that Nishiki was a ghoul. Nishiki attacked her, but he had to realize that the wounds had made him weaker than a human. Kimi allowed him to eat a bit of flesh from around her left shoulder, leaving a scar.
Gourmet Arc Edit
After Kaneki had saved Nishiki from ghouls in the 14th ward and had brought him to Nishiki's apartment, Kimi attacked Kaneki because she mistook Kaneki for the "narcissistic man". Since Tsukiyama came to Kamii University, Kimi thought Tsukiyama was targeting Nishiki. She asked Kaneki to keep quiet about Nishiki, and in exchange, she would keep quiet about him.
Later, Kimi approached Kaneki for help at Anteiku because Nishiki's wounds were not healing. Kaneki promised he would find a way to help her and Nishiki. On the way back, she was attacked and caught by Tsukiyama.
When Kaneki and Nishiki went to a chapel where Tsukiyama held Kimi prisoner, they found her tied to a table. After Tsukiyama explained his intention of eating Kaneki while Kaneki eats Kimi, Kimi remained idle until Touka joined the fight and defeated Tsukiyama. After being untied by her rescuers, she noted Touka's kagune was very beautiful, stunning said ghoul.
Owl Suppression Operation Edit
During the Anteiku Raid, she was briefly mentioned by Nishiki who wanted to see her again before leaving.
Root A (Anime) Edit
Rushima Landing Operation Edit
- Kimi likes eating out, archery (her club activities during high school) and loves Nishiki.
- Kimi likes eating fried soba and purchased melon bread.
- Her name, Kimi (貴未), is composed of the first character of her parents' names -- Takashi (貴志) and Mie (未恵).
- In Chapter 43, her family is said to have been killed in a plane crash. However, her story in the third light novel, the death of her family was the result of a traffic accident.
- in Tokyo Ghoul Trump, she's featured as the "Six of Hearts."
- To Kaneki (about accepting Nishiki as a ghoul): "It’s true I was shocked... So in the beginning I was really puzzled on what I should do… But now... I think... I want to be by his side."
- To Touka (after seeing her kagune): "How pretty... "
- To Nishiki (after he attacked her): "Nishiki... You're a ghoul...?"
- To Nishiki (as he bites her shoulder): "Nishiki-kun... When I first met you, Nishiki-kun, around the time when you called out to me, my father, mother and my brother two years younger than me had all just died in a plane crash. I was the only one in Tokyo... When I thought of being all alone and unable to see my family again I became really sad. It was bad but I started to think I would be happier if I'd died too... But, Nishiki-kun, you came to my side and saved me... So, it's fine. Continue living."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Kimi Nishino's character profile in Volume 5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 43
- ↑ Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 12
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 35
- ↑ Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 40
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 46
- ↑ Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 128
- ↑ Episode 24
- ↑ Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 98
- ↑ Tokyo Ghoul: Past Chapter 5