The primary goal was the extermination of the Non-Killing Owl, and elimination of all other ghouls encountered. The operation saw CCG ghoul investigators battle not only the Owl, but also members of two retired gangs, the Apes, and the Black Dobers. Aogiri Tree and the One-Eyed Owl would later join the battle, taking advantage of the chaos.
It is the finale of Tokyo Ghoul.
- Yoshitoki Washuu - Commander
- Itsuki Marude - Vice Commander
- Katsuya Mabuchi - Assistant
- Hideyoshi Nagachika - Assistant
- Iwao Kuroiwa - Captain
- Yukinori Shinohara - Vice Captain
- Kousuke Houji - Squad Leader
- Akira Mado - Assistant Squad Leader
- Seidou Takizawa
- Misato Gori
The battle resulted in heavy losses on both sides, with numerous ghoul investigators wounded or killed and a 99% extermination rate of all ghouls in the 20th ward. While it was reported that no prisoners were taken, Ken Kaneki was taken into custody. Aogiri successfully captured not only Yoshimura, but abducted sixty-three wounded investigators who were later officially designated as killed in action by the CCG.
- Ken Kaneki - Critically Wounded, captured by CCG
- Yoshimura - Critically Wounded, captured by Aogiri
- Hideyoshi Nagachika - Missing in Action
- Koutarou Amon - Declared Dead, captured by Aogiri
- Juuzou Suzuya - Seriously Wounded, right leg amputated
- Yukinori Shinohara - Critically Wounded, comatose/vegetative state
- Iwao Kuroiwa - Seriously wounded, left arm amputated
- Seidou Takizawa - Declared Dead, captured by Aogiri
- Mutsumi Chino - Declared Dead
- Kaya Irimi - Critically Wounded, went into hiding
- Enji Koma - Critically Wounded, went into hiding
- Black Dobers - Eliminated
- Apes - Eliminated
The operation is shown to have numerous lasting consequences in the sequel, Tokyo Ghoul:re.
- Destruction of Anteiku.
- The capture of Ken Kaneki and "birth" of Ghoul Investigator Haise Sasaki.
- The capture of Yoshimura by Aogiri, and his use as a donor in Dr. Akihiro Kanou's ghoulification experiments.
- Significant rise in Aogiri's power and influence.
- The attempted ghoulification experimentation on ghoul investigators captured by Aogiri.
- Seidou Takizawa is converted into an artificial one-eyed ghoul and defects to Aogiri.
- Koutarou Amon is converted into a failed artificial one-eyed ghoul.
- The creation of the Quinx and formation of the Quinx Squad under Arima's supervision.
- Shuu Tsukiyama's depression and retreat from the world.
- Nishiki Nishio becomes Serpent and begins targeting both Aogiri and the CCG.
- Hinami Fueguchi joins Aogiri and rises to high rank in the organization.
- Touka Kirishima and Renji Yomo open :re.
- Sixty-one of the captured Ghoul Investigators die as a result of Dr. Akihiro Kanou's ghoulification experiments.