The Quinx Squad or Qs Squad is a squad affiliated to Mado Squad that consists entirely of Quinx. The Quinx members are referred to as humans with built-in quinque in their bodies, drawing a distinction between them and normal one-eyed ghouls. The members are regarded as human research subjects who have undergone the surgical procedure developed by Dr. Kouitsu Chigyou. The tasks assigned to the Quinx were often monitored and overseen by Haise Sasaki until he resigned as their mentor. They all currently reside in a house called The Chateau, located in the 1st ward.
Though the squad has proficiently skilled ghoul investigators, the Quinx members often face prejudice and discrimination from higher-class investigators, such as the Hirako Squad, who accuse them of being incompetent and sloppy at doing their work, rendering Haise Sasaki as the primary cause. However, after the Auction Mopping-up Operation their reputation greatly improved, leading to discussion of expanding their ranks. After the Tsukiyama Family Extermination Operation their reputation further increased and the squad welcomed new members.
Current Members Edit
- Kuki Urie - Mentor, Squad Leader (initial squad leader until demoted in :re Ch. 8; promoted again during :re Ch. 57; promoted to S2 Squad Leader)
- Saiko Yonebayashi - Deputy Squad Leader (as of :re Ch. 59)
- Touma Higemaru
- Ching-Li Hsiao
- Yusa Arima - (as of re: Chapter 179)
- Suzu Sanzu (as of :re Chapter 179)
- Ryuusen Tatsumichi (as of :re Chapter 179)
Former Members Edit
- Haise Sasaki - Mentor (transferred to S3 Squad) (Resigned; Defected from the CCG)
- Tooru Mutsuki (loaned to other squads; currently working with Shinsanpei Aura, mentor of the Oggai Squads, momentarily with Suzuya Squad) (Defected from the CCG)
- Ginshi Shirazu † - Squad Leader (after :re Ch. 8)
- Shinsanpei Aura (momentarily with Suzuya Squad) (Defected from the CCG)
- Yoshitoki Washuu † - Project Supervisor
- Kishou Arima † - Project Supervisor
- Matsuri Washuu - S2 Squad Commander (Formerly)
- Akira Mado - Leader of the Mado Squad (Defected from the CCG)
First Batch Edit
- Kuki Urie
- Saiko Yonebayashi
- Tooru Mutsuki
- Ginshi Shirazu †
Second Batch Edit
- Shinsanpei Aura
- Touma Higemaru
- Ching-Li Hsiao
Third Batch Edit
- Suzu Sanzu
- Ryuusen Tatsumichi
Investigations and Operations Edit
Torso Investigation Edit
The Quinx squad's first ghoul investigation was about the A rated ghoul called Torso who committed notorious murders of women whose bodies were dismembered then beheaded with only their torso taken away. His victims had only one thing in common which was that they all had scars of some sort; this detail was found out by rank one Haise Sasaki and rank three Tooru Mutsuki. Later on rank two Kuki Urie and rank three Ginshi Shirazu engaged in battle with Akashi Kobayashi a ghoul who's occupation was a taxi driver thinking he was Torso. Kobayashi is proven not to be Torso and after being defeated was sent to Cochlea and marked with only a rating of B+. After that ordeal the Quinx squad was ordered by their higher ups to catch Torso in a month. Kuki Urie and Ginshi Shirazu got more intel on Torso thanks to Chie Hori, meanwhile Haise and Mutsuki head down to Cochlea a prison meant for ghouls. They conversed with the SS rated Russian ghoul Donato Porpora to gain more information on Torso.
Nutcracker Investigation Edit
The Quinx's squad second ghoul investigation.All of them excluding Kuki Urie,dressed up as women and went to a club.While they were pretending to be women,they searched for the ghoul named ''Nutcracker''.They noticed her,and waited for the right time to act.While Tooru Mutsuki was drunk,he went to talk with Nutcracker.Saiko Yonebashi informed Haise Sasaki that Tooru Mutsuki was drunk.Tooru Mutsuki was assigned a special mission along with Juuzo Suzuya.
Auction Mopping-up Operation Edit
After investigating Nutcracker,they were led to the Auction.In the auction people were auctioned,Within them Tooru Mutsuki and Juuzo Suzuya.When Tooru was up for sale,Uta told him that his reinforcements aren't coming,just to discourage him.When it was Juuzo's turn to be sold,he went all out wild and started slaughering ghouls who were spectators of the auction.All the ghouls started running away while Juuzo was fighting against Ayato Kirishima.Mutsuki was escorted by Nutcracker,until he ran away,and then he was found by Kanae von Rosewald.Then while Kanae was damaging him,Torso appeared,and tried to save Tooru.Moments after that the whole squad reunited and Urie was asked to escort Tooru outside,due to the fact that he was exhausted.While Tooru was with Urie,they found the were the spectators were hiding.Along with Juuzo,they went to their hideout and started slaughtering them.Then,they found Big Madam.Big Madam attempted to swallow Urie,but Urie broke through and got mad,and started going out of control by killing ghouls.Then when he ripped off Big Madam's Kagune tail,but he got punched very hard in the stomach that he got knocked out.He got so mad for being weak,that when Tooru tried to aproach him,he stabbed Tooru with his hand.Then he realised that he stabbed Tooru,and Tooru hugged him with his Kagune.Ginshi and Saiko were up against Nutcracker.It wasn't long before Ginshi realised the way her kagune worked,and he used it against her.He used her traps against her by making her go nearby her traps.Nutcracker fell for her own traps,and Saiko awakened her Kagune and knocked her down.Ginshi stabbed her,and Nutcracker's last words were ''I wanna be beautiful'' This moment haunted Ginshi,due to the fact that his sister,Haru Shirazu,also wanted to be beautiful.Haise Sasaki was fighting with Takizawa,wich became an One Eyed - Ghoul.He was easily getting beaten up by Takizawa untill he spoke with Small Kaneki in his mind,wich gave him more power to fight against Takizawa.
Rose Investigation Edit
Tsukiyama Family Extermination Operation Edit
Rushima Landing Operation Edit
Clown Siege Edit
- Volunteers were given financial compensation in exchange for undergoing the surgical procedure.
- Shirazu cites this as his reason for volunteering.
- Saiko's mother also seemingly approved on Saiko's surgery because of this.
- Dr. Shiba states that as long as their Rc levels remain below those of a ghoul (~1000), they are able to eat human food.
- Urie, Shirazu, and Saiko are all alumni of the 7th Academy. Mutsuki is the exception, being an alumni of the 2nd Junior Academy. They are all members of the 77th Class.
- In the medical treatment's letter of consent, it is stated that the Quinx are given semi-permanent life support. If the Quinx were to resign, they would still be entitled to receive this support.