FANDOM


  • Hello everyone,

    I'm not up-to-date on the manga, so I can't really comment on that, but for those up-to-date on the Season 2 finale that came out today...what did you think? 

    I'm sad that Hide is (most presumably) dead in the anime. I still refuse to believe it :( I would say he's in my top 3 characters I never wanted to see die throughout the series. 

    Looks like it's time to catch up on the manga and see where it goes.

      Loading editor
    • Yeah, definitely go catch up. Honestly, it feels like the anime ending is probably super-confusing to anyone that hasn't read the manga and isn't reading :re. Which is poor storytelling, since it requires being familiar with stuff for the hints to make sense.

        Loading editor
    • We still don't know what happened with Hide in the manga for all we know he could have been eaten by Kaneki...

        Loading editor
    • waait question. is :RE srsly going to be animated by Perriot? I've seen people commenting about that, and it's filling me with dread

        Loading editor
    • Wah?

        Loading editor
    • There's no indication right now, just people speculating because we see Touka at :re in the finale.

      We are getting Tokyo Ghoul: Jack OVA, though.

        Loading editor
    • Wah?

        Loading editor
    • Guys please explain yourselves further, which source do you have we will get OVA's and why is the finale related in anyway with Pierrot?

        Loading editor
    • The OVA was announced in the actual broadcast.

      The finale is related to Pierrot because decisions were made to alter or completely toss out Ishida's draft. Which is why there are so many plot holes and ??? stuff in this season.

        Loading editor
    • Holy sh..... really?

        Loading editor
    • Must say though i was hoping for the battle against Kaneki and Arima and seeing his no existant eyes at least and is it just me or were the clowns not explained at all for anime only viewers?

        Loading editor
    • i didnt understand the ending, what happened? i did read the manga and stuff but the ending was just too confusing for me :( plus does anyone know when the next season is coming out?

        Loading editor
    • ^ The manga storyline barely has anything to do with this season.

        Loading editor
    • My impression of the S2 ending is that Kaneki is obviously going to die. The only way for me to be proven otherwise if is a third season is made where he somehow, magically, gets away. This really seemed to me like a kind of cliffhanger ending, but stationing him in front of Arima like that in the ending can only mean one thing to me: He is going to be killed, and that will ultimately mean the end of this series.

      I really liked this anime, so I'm very sad to see it ending, but all good things must come to an end. My biggest disappointment I guess is that Kaneki didn't end up with Touka, but this ending was still very well done in my opinion.

      I hope more people can comment about this ending and share their opinion, cause I would like to be reassured that the anime is as a matter of fact gone forever now.

        Loading editor
    • This is M::: I cannot believe Hide died. I cried. I was able to experience the grieving moment with Kaneki on a whole new personal level. WHY is it that everytime Touka finds Kaneki, she is the one running towards him. Always keeps me on edge, 'run faster!!!! kaneki!!! cant you hear her coming?? stop being so arrogant. ahhh. this suspense is killing merr.' They both need a hug. Like Toma, move out of my way, my reality. -said Touka, never. Seriously. I'm thankful we didnt have to witness or be given any indications to believe that Kaneki ate his friend or had the intentions to do so. I do not believe Kaneki will be killed. Perhaps he will do some type of negotiation with Arima before he flees the scene. This is Kaneki's moment to show the world that a ghoul like himself HAS FEELINGS and that this war between ghouls and human is more than, in the most simplestic way of referencing it as, good versus evil. I personally would love to see Kaneki with Touka, whether if for a day, an hour, a hug, in a relationship/long friendship, an exchange of words, ..anything to varify Kaneki's state of mind and of course, confirm the chemistry/connection/care between them. I have not read the manga, I refer to this site whenever I need to figure out the significance of an event or role or even what could possibly happen in an up coming episode/season BUT I am so thankful that in the anime version Kaneki did not eat his beloved friend. This could had potentially caused me to stop watching Tokyo Ghoul. Too much to handle, not really..but still. Anywho, I'd like to know who had protected Touka when the cafe building was falling apart in flames. Was it Toma OR HER BROTHER? oo, 

        Loading editor
    • The implication seems to be that it was Ayato, since we saw him watching over her last episode.

        Loading editor
    • If you guys were paying attention to the audio after Kaneki and Arima were looking at each other, when the screen went all black, there was a short clicking sound. I'm assuming it was the click of Arima's weapon, so it's implied that a fight occured, just not what happened in its duration and after it.

      Also, (in the anime, cause I haven't read the manga yet) I don't think Hide died because when Anteiku was on fire and all and Kaneki started crying, the tear fell on Hide's face and it twitched into a sort of smile, and his head didn't fall, too. Sooo since he was able to hold his head up, he's probably still alive.

        Loading editor
    • Was i the only one that thought Kaneki was surrendering, that maybe he was going to offer to switch sides. In which case he might become a ghoul hunter or something, because otherwise for all his talk he has accomplished nothing.

        Loading editor
    • Madhouse,KyotoAni, I DON'T CARE who, just take this away from Studio Pierrot PLEASEEEE!  I can speak for everyonewhen I say that Pierrot effed this up big time. And because Ishida WROTE this season.....just why?! So many things left unexplained!

      (currently emailing Madhouse to adapt this)

        Loading editor
    • 98.221.181.140 wrote:
      Madhouse,KyotoAni, I DON'T CARE who, just take this away from Studio Pierrot PLEASEEEE!  I can speak for everyonewhen I say that Pierrot effed this up big time. And because Ishida WROTE this season.....just why?! So many things left unexplained!

      (currently emailing Madhouse to adapt this)

      I really loved the ending to this. Having read the manga, and also seeing everything of the anime myself, I truly feel like this anime is complete. It had one of the best anime endings I've ever witnessed, and although not showing it to you explicitly, implies how each character ended up. Hide and Kaneki are most likely dead. And the fact that they died together, two best friends who did their best as victims of circumstance, one being Ghoul, the other being human, is a beautiful tragedy. It almost reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. I wish this was how the manga ended, to be honest.

      That's what I think, anyway.

        Loading editor
    • The fact is, as aforementioned, you need to read the :re series to get the hints in the last few minutes. And even so, I think it was badly handled. Number one, we have this cryptic ending to the episode after the ending sequence. Whoever didn't read :re to that point, it's just a reference to the mange sequel currently in release. Number two, we have this huge problem of Kaneki and Touka. I mean, Kaneki and Touka, right? Even Akira and Amon shared more than these two. Which actually pisses me off, cause obviously (and maybe I'm gonna blame Ishida for the storyline) the writing simply couldn't handle the growing relationship between those two. if you want a good example, watch SAO first season from episode 5 to 10 (or something like this). Number three, the suicide thing. I know it's hella cool to leave like that. Thank you, artistic direction for Tokyo Ghoul Root A to actually make us watch Kaneki for 2 mins, to then leave it to white when he comes up to Arima. I mean, please we had that badass fight in the manga, let us get a glimpse of it.

      All in all, I don't hate the ending. I just wished direction would push character development a bit further. Yomo is barely explained. Touka and Kaneki are unexploited as a relationship. Arima almost comes in as a god. And if you haven't read the manga, please tell me the One-Eyed Owl's real name, please, so I can see if I was right on how this is barely explained in this anime.

        Loading editor
    • The One-Eyed Owl's real name (presumably) is Eto, as the Manager said this name as he called out to her. Unless the Manager knew her fake Aogiri name somehow, which is unlikely but still plausible. Touka and Kaneki are a pretty good match, each being very similar, yet distinctly different. Each wants to protect those they care for, and takes most tasks on their own. Some mysteries, like Yomo for example, to me at least, are better off left unexplained. The mystery really adds more to his badass character. And in an anime where there is mostly blood, action, and violence, the calm end of Kaneki as it faded to white was a great addition. It reminds me that this anime isn't just another Shonen that has no real depth. And the one about Arima being a god... well, he kind of is, really. xD

        Loading editor
    • I can't deny that the Yomo thing isn't good left unexplained. But they're still lots of blank spots on the canvas. The thing about Eto is, she used a different name in the human world if you call it like that. That's what I was asking there :) I kinda also don't know where they went with Amon. Is it like in the manga? Or did he die? Cause all we see is his Quinque lying down there with lots of blood. It'd be kinda sad if he was to die. I thought he brings balance to the Kaneki character. The thing with that Kaneki end is that it feels like it's made to also balance the pace of the anime. But that episode was already very slow. It feltt like a forced farewell, but then they bring the :re teaser (which you should look at in my opinion) and it kinda ruined the whole mourning thing. Besides, if they stick to the real plan which is to advertise :re, they were better off leaving that mourning sequence if you ask me.

      P.S : You know what happened to Yoshimura?

        Loading editor
    • Amon is M.I.A. because, if you remember, his partner found his weapon on the ground, broken, but alone. His body was not found. So most likely it is like the same as the manga. Kaneki is either dead, and the series is over, or they plan on continuing with :re. And it was a farewell, which in my own opinion, is much better to end on than the manga did where Kaneki literally just gets his eyes gouged out and then there's a weird plot twist that didn't actually mean much. And I think the reference to :re was only to bring fans some closure, and get the people excited to read the new manga. I don't think it was just some shameless self-advertising thing, no.

      Yoshimura is either dead, or in critical condition with his daughter, Eto. In :re, no information has been given about him at the moment.

        Loading editor
    • Kaneki-ken, during the final moments of the last episode, does in fact get into a battle, yet doesent fight back, I do not know his name, but it's the man with the glasses and white hair holding the goldfish suit case, Kaneki basically let's him kill him, and hide survives, same for mr shinomashi (I really do not know the names)

        Loading editor
    • @Sit kitty kitty, the man you are talking about with the glasses is Arima Kishou. He's like the CCG's Reaper. 

        Loading editor
    • Sasake Haise   Sa

        Loading editor
    • @Sit kitty kitty, It is unlikely that Hide survives, considering Hide lost a lot of blood as a human, and is being carried by Kaneki without moving or breathing. The fact that the white cloth is on him symbolizes his death. It's a way to put the body to rest. But yes, technically until it is confirmed by someone, he could be alive, but very unplausible.

        Loading editor
    • @absentmorn, your right, I may have over looked that, but I do know that Kaneki does indeed die.

        Loading editor
      • possible spoilers?* I thought it was confirmed kaneki was alive and under the alias Haise sasaki working for the ccg with amnesia? Thats what the wiki says about kaneki in tokyo ghoul re apparently. 
        Loading editor
    • 199.26.15.200 wrote:
      *possible spoilers?* I thought it was confirmed kaneki was alive and under the alias Haise sasaki working for the ccg with amnesia? Thats what the wiki says about kaneki in tokyo ghoul re apparently. 

      This is (probably) true for the Tokyo Ghoul manga. However, the anime may be different. If there is a third season that confirms that the manga and anime will end up the same way, then Kaneki does not fully die. However, if Tokyo Ghoul A is the last anime adaptation, then Kaneki is most likely dead. To be honest, I'd rather it end like this, but who knows?

        Loading editor
    • I would rather have it be of a kind of new main character, but with the same set of other side characters. Maybe after a few years hinami grows up and seeks to avenge "Big brother" (Kaneki-ken)

        Loading editor
    • well i didn't  read the manga ,the ending made no sense to me ,why did shinoahara and even the owl and the others survive while hide fell down suddenly and why it took kaneki 2min of walking to reach that spot where he meets arima i didn't  get it what's  the point?  And where the hell is Amon ? is that it?  No plot twists nothing i mean iT got to be a third season cuz we still ha no informations  about the other members of the aogiri . A lot of things are left unexplained. guys do i have to read the manga to get the ending? is that the end of the serie? hank you have a nice day.

        Loading editor
    • 41.200.29.149 wrote:
      well i didn't  read the manga ,the ending made no sense to me ,why did shinoahara and even the owl and the others survive while hide fell down suddenly and why it took kaneki 2min of walking to reach that spot where he meets arima i didn't  get it what's  the point?  And where the hell is Amon ? is that it?  No plot twists nothing i mean iT got to be a third season cuz we still ha no informations  about the other members of the aogiri . A lot of things are left unexplained. guys do i have to read the manga to get the ending? is that the end of the serie? hank you have a nice day.

      HIde fell down and died because he is human. You don't need the manga to figure that out. Humans can't survive things that ghouls can. And the point of Kaneki walking past the CCG humans with Hide in his arms just to walk towards Arima is symbolism. He's given up, and it shows the viewer that there really is no difference between ghouls and humans. They both suffer loss and they both have feelings. That's basically what the second season was all about. Amon is M.I.A. We don't know where he is, but he is most likely going to reappear in the :re manga. We do have some information on the members of Aogiri through the manga, but the anime doesn't tell you everything, and to me, it shouldn't. The rest is up to the imagination, and also a little assumption and research. You don't have to read the manga to understand the ending, but it surely would help. A third season is unconfirmed.

        Loading editor
    • (holds up the "Read the manga" sign)

      Seriously, it explains so many of the plot holes and inconsistencies in the anime.

      The anime completely abandoned the vital Lab Raid arc, which explains not only the Twins but why Kaneki became a Ghoul and what Dr. Kanou is up to.

      It also gives us an epilogue hinting at what happened to Yoshimura, Amon, Kaneki, Shinohara, and what is up with those darn Clowns.

      We get a back story of Yomo and Uta.

      More Juuzou being awesome.

      More Kaneki being awesome, and having ACTUAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

      Tsukiyama being more than creepy comic relief dude.

      Naki being amazing and adorable.

      More stuff about Kaneki's time as a prisoner of Aogiri.

      Banjou being best bro.

      Hinami being adorable.

      The manga: Read it.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, and more Hide being awesome. Plus, AMBIGUOUS FATE HIDE as opposed to Dead Hide.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you guys  this is what i was waiting to hear to start reading the manga . 

        Loading editor
    • AbsentMorn wrote:
      @Sit kitty kitty, It is unlikely that Hide survives, considering Hide lost a lot of blood as a human, and is being carried by Kaneki without moving or breathing. The fact that the white cloth is on him symbolizes his death. It's a way to put the body to rest. But yes, technically until it is confirmed by someone, he could be alive, but very unplausible.

      I wouldn't say the white cloth necesarrily symbolizes death, white usually symbolizes peace/and or surrender but of coures the entire ending was ambigious so its hard to say.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Actually, AbsentMorn is correct because the color White doesn't symbolize those things in Japanese culture. In Japan, white is the color associated with Death and traditional funeral colors are white. A corpse will be covered/wrapped in a white cloth, and traditionally burial clothing is a white kimono.

      So to the intended (Japanese) audience, white = death.

      There's also a strong taboo about doing things associated with funerals/death in Japanese culture. Like, the number 4 sounds like the word for Death so sometimes there won't be a 4th floor. And passing/taking food with chopsticks is bad, since that's how they handle bones at a funeral. You also don't stick chopsticks into a bowl of rice, as this likewise is associated with funerals and offerings to the death. So covering/wrapping someone in a white sheet like that would be iffy, since that is a funeral practice.

        Loading editor
    • White is more of a sad "color" than black, in my opinion. It has no color, and reflects all others off of it, never letting any of them inside to absorb. It's kind of dreadful, like Kaneki. I suppose that's why there is so much white in the end of this tragic show.

        Loading editor
    • If you put a cloth/sheet on a body, then it is most likely that they are dead. It's not just Japanese culture. White is the color of death, bones, silence, coldness. Of course Hide is dead.

      They made made Kaneki's kair white because it would look like he had the marie antoinette syndrome, where your hair turns white quickly because of intense stress. One other anime character had this - Victorique de Blois from Gosick. They made the flowers white so the violent nature of red (blood) would be emphasised. 

      So white doed symbolise death, but also innocence to some extent.

        Loading editor
    • The meaning of the color white is different in other places...

        Loading editor
    • If i saw both seasons of the anime and since i've heard that the manga is a bit different should i just read the manga from the very beginning since the both are so different. i've been hearing that hide any or may not be dead and that kaneki ate him in the manga, but in the anime he died from being stabbed and kaneki didn't eat him. Just don't want to waste time on going to the beginning if i already know everything that happened in the anime but i want to know where i should start after season 2 end

        Loading editor
    • 23.123.33.190 wrote:
      If i saw both seasons of the anime and since i've heard that the manga is a bit different should i just read the manga from the very beginning since the both are so different. i've been hearing that hide any or may not be dead and that kaneki ate him in the manga, but in the anime he died from being stabbed and kaneki didn't eat him. Just don't want to waste time on going to the beginning if i already know everything that happened in the anime but i want to know where i should start after season 2 end


      It's better to start at the beginning. The first season tries to hit all the major plot beats, but it's more like an "abridged" version with a lot of stuff not explained or fleshed out as well. Stuff like the kagune isn't really explained at all for some reason.

      Hide's status is a mystery. Towards the end of the original manga he has a conversation with Kaneki, then kind of just disapeared. He's considered MIA by the CCG and it's still unkonwn what happened to him.   

        Loading editor
    • I personally think they either ended the show completely or they want us to think that they did

      Also Yoshimura totally died, he saw his wife and everything and then his daughter ate his corpse

        Loading editor
    • 172.89.200.214 wrote:
      I personally think they either ended the show completely or they want us to think that they did

      Also Yoshimura totally died, he saw his wife and everything and then his daughter ate his corpse

      So in case you don't read the manga. We are stuck in a state of assumption and you know how that goes with this series. We thought alot of people were dead off of assumptions (including Rize). Only thing we know is that he or his corpse is being used for experiments. Another thing, Eto didn't eat him she just put him in her mouth to run away then spit him back out. That didn't change in the anime

        Loading editor
    • is there a third season comming out that is still about kaneki that tells what happens to him and hide

        Loading editor
    • 50.206.58.141 wrote:
      is there a third season comming out that is still about kaneki that tells what happens to him and hide


      Yup , I prefer you read the manga it is more better than the anime .

        Loading editor
    • Who would watch the 3rd season if Studio Ufotable animated it?

        Loading editor
    • Zekkrom wrote:
      Who would watch the 3rd season if Studio Ufotable animated it?


      Woah that would be amazing .. the animation

      The fight scenes would then be an astounding scene .

        Loading editor
    • I miss Hide too. He was such a nice guy. :(

        Loading editor
    • Harostar
      Harostar removed this reply because:
      Spam
      08:59, February 27, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • (Mod: Spam comment was removed, orphaned response)
      Yea dude ... ur too late .

        Loading editor
    • (Not only white does look like death physically, there is a saying in The Mortal Instruments, agreeing too. "For death and mourning, the color's white.")

        Loading editor
    • I don't think hide is dead. When kanekis tear fell on his cheek, hide flinched... why would they make him flinch if he was going to die off screen seconds later.. makes no sense to do that. So I think he is alive. And the breath while walking thing doesn't matter because kaneki had no breath while walking if I remember correctly. Plus hides head is turned facing away from the audience. But yeah, he flinched, so he's alive lol. If they were going to kill him off then they wouldn't have shown him flinch...

        Loading editor
    • But why is Kaneki putting Hide's body down in front of Arima as if to allow CCG to take him?

        Loading editor
    • I'll post my opinon on the ending:  I believe that when Kaneki placed down Hide's body in front of Arima, he was trying to make peace because that is what Yoshimura wanted.  I haven't read the manga yet, so bare with me.  When Arima opened his quinque (later shown plunged in the snow) it looked as if he was also offering peace.  So, in conclusion, I have gotten the impression that Kaneki is still alive.  Personally (just like many of you out there) I want him and Tokou to hook up.  Also, another theory that I agree on with others is that Hide may still be alive.  When Kaneki was walking out of the burning coffee shop, his ghoul tear touched Hide's face and he grimaced.  To me, I took it as he was still alive.  (Could have been his last little breath of life so who knows?)

        Loading editor
    • Energy Lman wrote:
      I'll post my opinon on the ending:  I believe that when Kaneki placed down Hide's body in front of Arima, he was trying to make peace because that is what Yoshimura wanted.  I haven't read the manga yet, so bare with me.  When Arima opened his quinque (later shown plunged in the snow) it looked as if he was also offering peace.  So, in conclusion, I have gotten the impression that Kaneki is still alive.  Personally (just like many of you out there) I want him and Tokou to hook up.  Also, another theory that I agree on with others is that Hide may still be alive.  When Kaneki was walking out of the burning coffee shop, his ghoul tear touched Hide's face and he grimaced.  To me, I took it as he was still alive.  (Could have been his last little breath of life so who knows?)
      I think it's safe to say that in the anime version, Hide is dead. In the manga, it was suspected that Kaneki ate him before fighting Arima. In :re, it's been confirmed that HIde told Kaneki to eat him.
      File:D013.jpg
        Loading editor
    • WithYouAlways wrote:
      Energy Lman wrote:
      I'll post my opinon on the ending:  I believe that when Kaneki placed down Hide's body in front of Arima, he was trying to make peace because that is what Yoshimura wanted.  I haven't read the manga yet, so bare with me.  When Arima opened his quinque (later shown plunged in the snow) it looked as if he was also offering peace.  So, in conclusion, I have gotten the impression that Kaneki is still alive.  Personally (just like many of you out there) I want him and Tokou to hook up.  Also, another theory that I agree on with others is that Hide may still be alive.  When Kaneki was walking out of the burning coffee shop, his ghoul tear touched Hide's face and he grimaced.  To me, I took it as he was still alive.  (Could have been his last little breath of life so who knows?)
      I think it's safe to say that in the anime version, Hide is dead. In the manga, it was suspected that Kaneki ate him before fighting Arima. In :re, it's been confirmed that HIde told Kaneki to eat him.
      File:D013.jpg

      Ah, makes sense.  Thanks.

        Loading editor
    • No problem

        Loading editor
    • The anime was what led me into discovering this fandom. I have to say its style is pretty decent, and there are times when I really appreciate how it drew the characters (except Tsukiyama but HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO DRAW A SORT-OF FISH-EYED VIEW OF HIM IN HIS FIRST APPEARANCE BECAUSE I CAN BARELY DO THAT) but after I learnt how the manga has truer storylines, I started to hate this anime. It made me hate Rize more than neccessary, and it even pitted me against Tsukiyama. Before I got to know Tsukiyama's development in the anime, I thought he is nothing but a maniacal villain and that time, to my surprise, some people think so too (when they call him trash). So I was being rude to him but now, I seriously feel sorry for him and I can't believe how the anime made him a flop. And I can't believe how many parts of fandoms judged him solely based on the anime. I've seen many adaptations not staying true to the books, but this one is the worst to me. Not only did they twisted the original plot but also did they distort a character so hugely he is not even a character. (But the Tsukiyama thing though ... Are they trying too hard to seek the fans' approval or are they doing this plainly to receive money or they don't receive money or they don't care?)

        Loading editor
    • The only benefit the anime had is I can finally capture some stills and screencaps to use edits. (Yep, that's every benefits from MOVIES.)

        Loading editor
    • Is it me or does the badass/white hair Kanaki not really suit him?

        Loading editor
    • It could be just you as the white haired Kaneki was extremely popular and I liked it too but then again I was a fan of him in the beginning but what do you mean when you say it doesn't suit him?

      Do you mean personality wise because if that's the case (In the anime anyway) he basically was two different people.

      If you mean the colour didn't suit him that's just your general opinion and that's okay.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Hide is dead. I think it was cleverly made to seem like he is, but he isn't. When Hide first collapses and passes out, Kaneki thinks he's dead, and is ready to sit there and die in the fire with his best friend. Then the tear hits Hide's cheek, he smiles, and Kaneki smiles and says lets go home.

      Now my conjecture. He sees that Hide is alive, so he gets up and heads to CCG. The cloth isn't to cover a body, it's to protect Hide from the fire and smoke inhalation. Then when he's carrying him to through the street, we can't see Hide's face. Kaneki looks not once, not twice, but three times at said face. He smiles the third time. I think Hide is barely alive, and Kaneki went to CCG not to surrender or suicide by Arima, but to see if they could save Hide.

      So the walk could either be just an extremely sad... walk, or it could be Kaneki trying to save Hide. Considering the many plot twists and "things aren't what they seem like" moments in season 2, I think it was the latter. And of course in the manga, it's more ambiguous, but Hide probably sent the birthday book.

        Loading editor
    • To update what I just said. If season 3 is a continuation and not s reboot, I think Kaneki and Hide are both alive, and it will merge more with the manga. If season 2 was the end, and season 3 will be a reboot, then they both are most likely dead. But latest indications are season 3 (spring 2017) will be a continuation

        Loading editor
    • I really hope season 3 won't turn up. They messed the source material so bad.

        Loading editor
    • true

        Loading editor
    • So i watched both seasons of the anime (i haven't read the manga), and i'm so unsatisfied with the ending (i hate cliffhangers) so i want to read the manga hoping for it to have a more satisfying ending. But i'm not sure where to start, do i have to start from the begining cuz i've already seen the anime up to S2, or is there things that i won't understand if i don't read from the begining? Can someone tell me where I should start? Thnx

        Loading editor
    • ^ You should start from the beginning tbh. If you don't then it's just gonna get very confusing for you after a while since the anime cut out important info from the very beginning, changed the order of arcs around and made some characters seem completely different than their original counterpart (in a bad way of course).

        Loading editor
    • Hide is'nt dead. Rize and Hides status must trade.

        Loading editor
    • "Hide isn't dead."

      We don't know that yet.

        Loading editor
    • But kunteki smiled at hide when he fainted

      Idk can be comatosed

        Loading editor
    • nope pretty sure hide is dead as much as i hate to say it

        Loading editor
    • I don't think so. I wish there is a 3d season there we will know

        Loading editor
    • Lmao no you wont. The manga will reveal that info. The anime seems like its going to be a filler season focused around Touka and College, which would be the best option because they butchered the plot beyond being worthy for animation. 

      Reading the manga would give you a little clairity on Hide's potential condition, and will eventually eliminate doubt to the matter, where as far as we know, there will never be any more anime content for this series.

      Just read, even if you don't want to.

        Loading editor
    • I seriously don't accept anything from the anime as canon anymore. Yeah, just read the manga; it's the only reliable thing here.

        Loading editor
    • 98.221.181.140 wrote: Madhouse,KyotoAni, I DON'T CARE who, just take this away from Studio Pierrot PLEASEEEE!  I can speak for everyonewhen I say that Pierrot effed this up big time. And because Ishida WROTE this season.....just why?! So many things left unexplained!

      (currently emailing Madhouse to adapt this)

      Well looks like ot worked :)

      Just read an article that Madhouse is taking over Tokyo Ghoul, plus it's been announced that season 3 will follow the manga, ergo :re
        Loading editor
    • Ishida didn't write that season. Pierrot turned his script down and did their own thing.

        Loading editor
    • I have a question, why does juuzou have black hair in some anime/ manga art? Is it just like a fan interpretation or does he actually have black hair following the events of season 2? I haven't read the manga past season one yet so I'm a little confused... help?

        Loading editor
    • ^ Because Juuzou's hair is black in Tokyo Ghoul:re, the sequel series. It hasn't been clarified whether he's dying it or whatever, but he's got black hair now.

      The events of the manga go in a TOTALLY different direction than the anime, as well. So it wouldn't be much help to you in understanding stuff.

        Loading editor
    • 95.150.238.86 wrote:
      I have a question, why does juuzou have black hair in some anime/ manga art? Is it just like a fan interpretation or does he actually have black hair following the events of season 2? I haven't read the manga past season one yet so I'm a little confused... help?

      That will happen ALOT if you remain an anime only. My suggestion would to be read the manga from scratch without considering any anime details. I can tell you right now, you only know about 30% of Part 1 (which is covered in seasons 1 & 2), and about 5-10% of it is inaccurate because of how the anime decided to do certain things.

        Loading editor
    • What happened to the second owl and the war ??????

        Loading editor
    • 157.50.43.130 wrote: What happened to the second owl and the war ??????

      Not sure if you saw the episode 23 after credits scene but: second Owl, war.

        Loading editor
    • I just finished this anime, and have the two ovas and the manga yet to finish. 

      Tokyo Ghoul was a true master piece in my opinion, however, as good as it may be, there were some loop holes that the Anime-Only group (like me) won't be able to understand. What happened at the end? Is there season 3? Wait, :RE? WAIT WHO WAS THAT 2ND OWL?! THE MANAGER'S SON?! ABOUT KOMA AND IRIMI? ABOUT THE END?!! ARIMA AND KANEKI?! WILL THEY BE RESOLVED?! AMON-SAN?! WHERE'S YOUR BODY?

      There's just more, but I hope Tokyo Ghoul will be able to get a third season, if possible to be able to explain all this.

        Loading editor
    • It seems very unlikely at this point that another season will happen. Root A was poorly received, and it's been long enough that it's unlikely to get picked up again. (But you never know.)

      However, the answers to your questions kind of.....require reading the manga. They basically sliced out an ENTIRE MAJOR ARC, which results in many things not making sense (the creepy Twins, Tsukiyama crying on the rooftop, ect).

      As for "the second Owl", there's a scene after the credits in that episode that explains it. We see her face, and Yoshimura says her name -- it's Eto / Sen Takatsuki (the author). She's the manager's daughter, though people ASSUME the Owl was a man.

      I mean, I hate to be another one of those "Read the manga" folks. But you really aren't going to be able to make sense of things, since the anime kind of.....mangled the story beyond recognition. :/

        Loading editor
    • ^^Just follow these steps:

      Step 1: Get a memory deleter from Man In Black

      Step 2: Delete your Tokyo Ghoul anime memories.

      Step 3: Read the manga from Tokyo Ghoul: Chapter 1;Tragedy, to Tokyo Ghoul:re (ongoing)

      Step 4: Profit.

        Loading editor
    • How we wipe our memory?

        Loading editor
    • How did he die though that made no sense to me he was all fine and out of nowhere he's bleed and during in kaneki arms it just made no sense to me

        Loading editor
    • guess we will never know

        Loading editor
    • I do not know, though I think he managed to escape Noro after getting injured. Maybe he tried to patch it up and then aggravated the wound, which caused him to bleed out. I don't know, it's just a theory. A FILM THEORY

        Loading editor
    • I assumed that the clicking sound during the last audio clip was his foe putting the sword into the ground to simbolise a surrender from both sides

        Loading editor
    • man this was depressing

        Loading editor
    • 81.140.234.242 wrote:
      I assumed that the clicking sound during the last audio clip was his foe putting the sword into the ground to simbolise a surrender from both sides

      or Arima was just about to kick Kaneki's ass?

        Loading editor
    • 68.197.126.161 wrote:
      81.140.234.242 wrote:
      I assumed that the clicking sound during the last audio clip was his foe putting the sword into the ground to simbolise a surrender from both sides
      or Arima was just about to kick Kaneki's ass?

      Probably the latter

        Loading editor
    • 2.248.121.236 wrote:
      My impression of the S2 ending is that Kaneki is obviously going to die. The only way for me to be proven otherwise if is a third season is made where he somehow, magically, gets away. This really seemed to me like a kind of cliffhanger ending, but stationing him in front of Arima like that in the ending can only mean one thing to me: He is going to be killed, and that will ultimately mean the end of this series.

      I really liked this anime, so I'm very sad to see it ending, but all good things must come to an end. My biggest disappointment I guess is that Kaneki didn't end up with Touka, but this ending was still very well done in my opinion.

      I hope more people can comment about this ending and share their opinion, cause I would like to be reassured that the anime is as a matter of fact gone forever now.

      Well , I dont think it will end like this . I guess it should end up by having peace between Ghouls and Humans , you should have known that from the first season . I think its a surrender from both sides . My mind tells me that Amira is Kaneki's father I dont know why I thout that tbh . But it doesnt look like ending at season 3 .

        Loading editor
    • 2600:387:6:806:0:0:0:3D wrote:
      How did he die though that made no sense to me he was all fine and out of nowhere he's bleed and during in kaneki arms it just made no sense to me

      If you saw it clearly there was two types of blood bleeding . One was a little bit and the other was like it was raining blood . How do you think Hide escaped from those two Ghouls . They would never let him run away without an injury atleast .

        Loading editor
    • Harostar wrote:
      It seems very unlikely at this point that another season will happen. Root A was poorly received, and it's been long enough that it's unlikely to get picked up again. (But you never know.)

      However, the answers to your questions kind of.....require reading the manga. They basically sliced out an ENTIRE MAJOR ARC, which results in many things not making sense (the creepy Twins, Tsukiyama crying on the rooftop, ect).

      As for "the second Owl", there's a scene after the credits in that episode that explains it. We see her face, and Yoshimura says her name -- it's Eto / Sen Takatsuki (the author). She's the manager's daughter, though people ASSUME the Owl was a man.

      I mean, I hate to be another one of those "Read the manga" folks. But you really aren't going to be able to make sense of things, since the anime kind of.....mangled the story beyond recognition. :/

      it sounded a girl in the Episode . Me too I think she is the daughter of the Manager . But why did she swallow him and eat him . He is her own father . This episode just piles up 100s of thoughts to your mind thinking who is that and why did that happen . Its so complicated to a point that you need to get your memory erased so i can skip it . Otherwise you might die thinking how did that happen and why did that happen .

        Loading editor
    • Well, Kaneki is bearly in season 2, and in the series you hear (akira?) open his case and are going to attack Kaneki. Now that season 3 has been announced, its most possible that it is without Kaneki since they made it mostly without him in this season.

        Loading editor
    • I feel bad that a lot of things you guys want have already happened in the manga but likely wont be animated proper, if at all. 

        Loading editor
    • Hey, as someone who just finished re-watching the anime and has never, and will never, read the manga, I'd like to bring up my only gripe with this season. I don't mind the cliff hangers and the multiple questions that this season brought up, it kind of had a mysterious vibe throughout the season since so many things were left to interpretation/ the viewers best guess. Leaving the viewer in the dark is fun sometimes. This probably angered a lot of the manga fans who knew the answers to these questions and felt like people who didn't read the manga were getting a totally different experience. The thing that kind of sucked was the character you all called Arima. As someone who ONLY watched the anime, this character is not explained at all. he just kind of shows up in the last 3 episodes and flashes around a gold suitcase and then kills Kaneki. Where'd he come from? why is his suitcase gold? why does his sword quinque shoot fucking yellow lightning from its tip? Why has he only shown up in these last 3 episodes? where was he when they invaded the abandoned facility used for aogiri? most importantly, why does this character who didn't exist at episode 9, kill our main protagonist at episode 12? Have as many ambiguous characters and subplots as you want, but dont let a character with no development kill the poster-boy of the franchise. Kind of a cum-shot to the face if you ask me. 

        Loading editor
    • 2601:4C1:8200:8CAE:300F:27CE:5FCB:AECC wrote: Hey, as someone who just finished re-watching the anime and has never, and will never, read the manga, I'd like to bring up my only gripe with this season. I don't mind the cliff hangers and the multiple questions that this season brought up, it kind of had a mysterious vibe throughout the season since so many things were left to interpretation/ the viewers best guess. Leaving the viewer in the dark is fun sometimes. This probably angered a lot of the manga fans who knew the answers to these questions and felt like people who didn't read the manga were getting a totally different experience. The thing that kind of sucked was the character you all called Arima. As someone who ONLY watched the anime, this character is not explained at all. he just kind of shows up in the last 3 episodes and flashes around a gold suitcase and then kills Kaneki. Where'd he come from? why is his suitcase gold? why does his sword quinque shoot fucking yellow lightning from its tip? Why has he only shown up in these last 3 episodes? where was he when they invaded the abandoned facility used for aogiri? most importantly, why does this character who didn't exist at episode 9, kill our main protagonist at episode 12? Have as many ambiguous characters and subplots as you want, but dont let a character with no development kill the poster-boy of the franchise. Kind of a cum-shot to the face if you ask me. 

      Arima was introduced all the way back in episode 9, but he wasn't established that well throughout the show. It seems a lot of people forgot about him until he showed up again towards the end. There was a flashback during the Aogiri Raid showing him when he was younger, fighting Yoshimura, but I think there was a big gap between then and the end.

        Loading editor
    • 2601:4C1:8200:8CAE:300F:27CE:5FCB:AECC wrote:
      Hey, as someone who just finished re-watching the anime and has never, and will never, read the manga, I'd like to bring up my only gripe with this season. I don't mind the cliff hangers and the multiple questions that this season brought up, it kind of had a mysterious vibe throughout the season since so many things were left to interpretation/ the viewers best guess. Leaving the viewer in the dark is fun sometimes. This probably angered a lot of the manga fans who knew the answers to these questions and felt like people who didn't read the manga were getting a totally different experience. The thing that kind of sucked was the character you all called Arima. As someone who ONLY watched the anime, this character is not explained at all. he just kind of shows up in the last 3 episodes and flashes around a gold suitcase and then kills Kaneki. Where'd he come from? why is his suitcase gold? why does his sword quinque shoot fucking yellow lightning from its tip? Why has he only shown up in these last 3 episodes? where was he when they invaded the abandoned facility used for aogiri? most importantly, why does this character who didn't exist at episode 9, kill our main protagonist at episode 12? Have as many ambiguous characters and subplots as you want, but dont let a character with no development kill the poster-boy of the franchise. Kind of a cum-shot to the face if you ask me. 

      Yeah, the anime sucks. At least the manga exists.

        Loading editor
    • Tbh, think the second season was terrible. So much unexplained and undeveloped. We don’t know why kaneki is like he is, who the augori members are, what happened to the owl, where Amon is. Kaneki is dead for no reason, all the talk of making peace between the two species, and he just committed suicide? No decent fight at the end. Think it was obviously unfinished and rushed, and it’s a shame as the first season was so promising.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message