FANDOM


  • Harostar
    Harostar closed this thread because:
    Just an endless cycle of Rumors.
    22:19, September 6, 2016

    Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks

      Loading editor
    • who knows the manga has only 22 chapters ongoing maybe if the manga has 40+ chapters......  "I SAID MAYBE" 

        Loading editor
    • 180.191.66.11 wrote:
      who knows the manga has only 22 chapters ongoing maybe if the manga has 40+ chapters......  "I SAID MAYBE" 

      ^ I don't think the anime can continue into :re with how things played out in Root A. Pierrot left out way too many things for :re to make any sense for the anime only people.

        Loading editor
    • @AWC #3 Not really, the only things that would seem to screw up the plot would be the Clown group. I can see an anime of :re. However, the anime ended nicely, even if there isn't a third season.

        Loading editor
    • ^ They also never introduced Kanou and Rize, which seems like a pretty big issue to me. Hide dying on-screen could also present some major problems if he shows up alive in :re.

      The character relationships are also different, but Pierrot would probably just be lazy again and pretend that they're the same as in the manga. You know, like they did with Tsukiyama.

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't mind a third season to see what :re has to offer in terms of anime exploitation. However, it's still too early to tell. I'd go for it, just for once to get that moment between Kaneki and Touka. They both deserve it so much.

        Loading editor
    • The second season ended with a couple of questions, like where is Hinami and Amon ? What will happen w/ Ken & Arima ? What about Eto and Yoshimura ? I don't think the second season should be the final season it'd also be nice to see the Clowns to give more relevence to Itori, Nico, Roma, And Uta especially since Roma kind of disappeared 

        Loading editor
    • The thing is without the introduction of the Dr. Kanou, Eto and Yoshimura will probably be left off. Although they could make a WTF sequence, that'd be a good laugh. Kaneki and Arima... Well I can't say a thing since both the anime and the manga were very untelling about how it ended, however if you read :re like I do, you'll understand. As for Amon, I'd like them to make it like in the manga. It's a great character if you ask me. About Hinami... read the :re sequel. It's all I can say. I wouldn't mind her being a big part of a third season.

        Loading editor
    • But Guys Root A is only a spin-off of the true story root a is just a sequel !!!

        Loading editor
    • 119.94.64.23 wrote:
      But Guys Root A is only a spin-off of the true story root a is just a sequel !!!

      Root A is not a sequel, and is also mostly based off of the original story of the manga. I don't understand what you are trying to say...

        Loading editor
    • season 3 is returning this summer in 2015,july

        Loading editor
    • 169.139.0.30 wrote:
      season 3 is returning this summer in 2015,july

      do you have proof?

        Loading editor
    • Jinjehy wrote:
      169.139.0.30 wrote:
      season 3 is returning this summer in 2015,july
      do you have proof?


      this rumors

        Loading editor
    • 169.139.0.30 wrote:
      season 3 is returning this summer in 2015,july

      Following the highly succesful "Tokyo Ghoul" season 2 fans are already asking for a third season from the TV show adaptation of the hit manga.

      And while there hasn't been an official announcement about "Tokyo Ghoul" season 3, there are speculations suggesting that the release date will happen in summer this year.

      And what could the plot focus on the upcoming season 3 of "Tokyo Ghoul?"

      Apparently, the amnesiac Haise Sasaki will get the spotlight for the next season.

      According When-will.net the sequel to the manga series, "Tokyo Ghoul:re" will most likely be adapted in the TV series.

      The publication claims that "Tokyo Ghoul" season 3 will probably "revolve around Kaneki who is now an amnesiac and is now known as Haise Sasaki, a rank 1 investigator and the leader of a special unit of investigators at the Commission of Counter Ghoul called Quinx Squad."

      "Tokyo Ghoul" is a famous suspense-horror fantasy manga series set in Tokyo, Japan created by Sui Ishida.

      The story starred by Ken Kaneki and Rize Kamishiro relies heavily in the city haunted by zombie like creatures called ghouls.

      Following its success in Japan, the manga was serialized in the Weekly Young Jump magazine during September 2011 to September 2014. The following month the prequel "Tokyo Ghoul: JACK" was also serialized.

      The popularity of "Tokyo Ghoul" reached the Northern shores of Europe and Americe when Pierrot decided to air the TV series adaptation of the same manga titled as Funimation allowed the streaming and home video distribution of the series to North America.

      Read more: http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/24866/20150403/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date.htm#ixzz3ZBigsO00

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, looks like everything is still rumors. Everyone needs to settle back and chill.

        Loading editor
    • The July 2015 rumor sounds like someone confused the anime's third season with the stage play.

      If there will be a third season at some point in time (the chances probably aren't too bad, though they have been greatly lowered because of the second season fiasco), then I hope they'll at least remake the second season (better: remake both seasons as a three-cour show), or the third season will likely be doomed from the start. I honestly don't care if they remake it by following the manga or by adapting Ishida's draft - they should just do it right this time.

        Loading editor
    • Does anybody have a reputable media outlet like Crunchyroll or Anine News Network for proof? Jack got  confirmed by both these sites for being animated.

        Loading editor
    • Am i the only one that wants season three to be the original story line? i just want to see my favorite arc (raid on kanous lab) to be animated. season 1 followed it, even though it was rushed it only slightly agitated me. I wouldnt care at this point if it was rushed.

        Loading editor
    • 169.139.0.30 wrote:
      season 3 is returning this summer in 2015,july

      It's an OVA not season 3

        Loading editor
    • Jinjehy wrote:
      Am i the only one that wants season three to be the original story line? i just want to see my favorite arc (raid on kanous lab) to be animated. season 1 followed it, even though it was rushed it only slightly agitated me. I wouldnt care at this point if it was rushed.

      ues i also want the 3 season to be the original story line. i reallly juts want the season to be out because it looks like evryone is making fuss about if the season i or isnt going to be out summer in 2015,july. i was looking it up and thats what everything ive loked on has said it was even confrmed

        Loading editor
    • mind my spelling

        Loading editor
    • S3 never exist as long as Root B anime exist....

        Loading editor
    • 113.210.0.224 wrote:
      S3 never exist as long as Root B anime exist....

      root B?

        Loading editor
    • i think the end of the ova episode they might confirme season 3 but i`m not sure, just a theory

        Loading editor
    • Um no hide did it die he was  just injured very bad, there is no proof he died. Also I have heard and seen many rumors about third season coming out in late summer 2015 also check out moi youtube StellaDash AJ AND YES I AM TOO YPUNG TO WATCH TOKYO GHOUL BUT I DON'T GIVE A CRAP.

        Loading editor
    • 75.182.71.89 wrote:
      Um no hide did it die he was  just injured very bad, there is no proof he died. Also I have heard and seen many rumors about third season coming out in late summer 2015 also check out moi youtube StellaDash AJ AND YES I AM TOO YPUNG TO WATCH TOKYO GHOUL BUT I DON'T GIVE A CRAP.

      Where is your proof he didnt die.

      P.S. No one cares if your too young to do so or not. if your to young do what i did years ago dont leave comments and dont be stupid by explicitly stating your probably 7 and fix typos so people don't make fun of you.

        Loading editor
    • Season 3 has been confirmed now and is coming out either this September or next year. If you didn't know there is actually a three minute preview of the 1st episode of season 3 where it finally shows that the second owl is actually Eto and it shows that Kaneki will fight Arima.

        Loading editor
    • 104.178.8.190 wrote:
      Season 3 has been confirmed now and is coming out either this September or next year. If you didn't know there is actually a three minute preview of the 1st episode of season 3 where it finally shows that the second owl is actually Eto and it shows that Kaneki will fight Arima.

      proof?

        Loading editor
    • Guys, Season 3 comes out, jk

      It would be nice if all of you could just wait instead of making fake sites and fake dates for season 3

        Loading editor
    • so basically season 3 is just a rumour as of now and because of the end of season 2 if they do make season 3 it cant be like the manga?

        Loading editor
    • 89.100.218.195 wrote:
      so basically season 3 is just a rumour as of now and because of the end of season 2 if they do make season 3 it cant be like the manga?

      Pretty much.

      Right now the only thing that's been confirmed is a prequel OVA and season 2 of the anime changed and left out so much information, it's pretty much near impossible for them to continue following the manga. If they make a season 3, their best bet is continue making their own alternate story imo, but following the rest of the manga would be very difficult.  

        Loading editor
    • the season 3 of tokyo ghoul release date is summer 2015 july.

      prove:http://when-will.net/anime/697-will-there-be-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-summer-2015.html

        Loading editor
    • As you can see here the release date is set in August 1st 2015:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3KBAPzHsmk

        Loading editor
    • Both are fake, sorry.

        Loading editor
    • to be fair we are not able to tell when seson 3 will come out the best we can do is hope. furthermore its very possbile for the writer to fellow the mange however it will just be challanging  

        Loading editor
    • lol

        Loading editor
    • 195.132.129.73 wrote:
      I wouldn't mind a third season to see what :re has to offer in terms of anime exploitation. However, it's still too early to tell. I'd go for it, just for once to get that moment between Kaneki and Touka. They both deserve it so much.


      I feel the same.

        Loading editor
    • from what i have seen people have been saying its confirmed for 2016 but no set date .. i still have hopes they produce it soon.

        Loading editor
    • Do you have any source to confirm this rumor?

        Loading editor
    • Harostar
      Harostar removed this reply because:
      Profanity/harassing behavior
      19:31, July 11, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • (mod: response to a removed comment) wow. uncalled for much?

        Loading editor
    • Enjoy your ban, Anon.

        Loading editor
    • The thing that bothers me though, is that is there enough :re books to make an entire season? If maybe :re had 6 or 7 books it could be possible, but the series only has 4. Im just saying what I thought of the situation

        Loading editor
    • 104.34.43.69 wrote:
      The thing that bothers me though, is that is there enough :re books to make an entire season? If maybe :re had 6 or 7 books it could be possible, but the series only has 4. Im just saying what I thought of the situation

      only 4? the series is still ongoing you DO know that right? lol

        Loading editor
    • I dont think that S3 will be this year :(

      But im sure that OVA will come out this year.

        Loading editor
    • The Jack OVA is coming out in late 2015

        Loading editor
    • This is just my guess but, being Summer already and the fact that the major Autumn lineup has already been published. I doubt we'll see RE:  this year. Earliest I could possibly see it is Winter 2016 (So January- Feb next year) but honesly I'd think that Spring or Summer, would be more likely. That's if there is a 3rd season considering the hyper-compression of chapters in "Season" 1 and the original material laden disaster of "Season" 2. Seriously what the heck is going on, when the hell did the idea that 12-13 episodes constitue a season become law? Because all its causing is disasters. Tokyo Ghoul is not a series you can compress and have good results. It should have been at least 24 episodes per season. Then you end with an anime like FMAB 3 seasons, well rounded at 68-72 episodes, not to long, not too short. But no they are really trying to tell a 140+ Chapter manga in 36 episodes. That's ... unpleasant to think on.

        Loading editor
    • That's true and I'm sure TG : Jack will be released in September 2015 

        Loading editor
    • I don't want a season 3...they screwed up season 2 too much. The anime needs a reboot and with better animation. I hated the animation in season 2. 

        Loading editor
    • we will have 2 ovas this year, who knows they will maybe do 1 more ova and then like late in 2016 season 3 will be really confirmed but with a different plot or even MAYBE a reboot on season 2 with the real plot  then they maybe do a season 3? 

        Loading editor
    • I often chatted with Japanese TG fans, in the Japanese fandom is a rumor going round that there will be something in january 2016.

        Loading editor
    • I think they need to make a seqeul to season 2, Kaneki/Touka deserves at least a few episodes

        Loading editor
    • I'm personally hoping for a reboot for the entire anime. At this point, with how much plot and character critical stuff got cut even in the first season, a third season will be an utter trainwreck. There's no way they can pull off :re even if they keep up the original story route (ESPECIALLY if they keep up the original story route).

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the fact we have only OVAs and no announcement of a third season means a faithful reboot is coming our way. There's so many things, especially in the last half, that deserves to be shown to the world besides just manga readers.

        Loading editor
    • I thought the first season was decent and enjoyable enough in its own right, but how they went two seasons without even explaining the Kagune properly is beyond me. With :re having a focus on the CCG and new ghoul abilities, Quinque properties and detachable Kagune are going to be so confusing to the uninitiated. 

      I'm ambivalent about a season three because on one hand, I feel that the story isn't completely unsalvagble. Up till now, it's biggest problem is that it just doesn't explain anything. A lot of the stuff that hasn't been explained can be later. On the other hand, trying to fill these holes in later would be so awkward and untimely. Mostly, I don't think I'd mind a season three too much if Pierrot would commit to breaking away from the original story, but they seem to be too concerned with alienating the manga fanbase, so we ended up getting the final product that was Root A. 

        Loading editor
    • in the next year , i am shure

        Loading editor
    • 41.227.208.237 wrote:
      in the next year , i am shure

      Probably yeah.

      After the 2 ova's it is very likely that a third season will come

        Loading editor
    • there has to be a season 3, I just finished 2 and I have died inside. Ended on at the worst place. NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

        Loading editor
    • ^ Then go read the manga. It's a far better choice than waiting years/forever for a subpar anime adaptation.

        Loading editor
    • http://twistedhelscans.com/series/tokyo_ghoul/

      They have the entire series translated. It's well-worth sitting down to read, the anime skipped over entire arcs that explain a lot of things.

        Loading editor
    • ^^ I'll second the suggestion to read the manga. I'd also recommend starting at the very beginning of Tokyo Ghoul, because there are differences from the first season, that seem minor but become significant later.

        Loading editor
    • Only thing we can do for now is to wait and hope for a 3 season...u_u

      There are to many shit rumors out there so we can trust anything we read, we just can wait and if we are lucky then there is gonna be a 3 season, and i hope it is gonna be for this year!!

      And sorry for my really bad english ^^""""

        Loading editor
    • If we're lucky, we will get a remake instead of a third season, preferably in the hands of a different studio. u_u

        Loading editor
    • The interview Old Mcdonald just translated from the anime director confirms that there's currently no plans for a season 3, but it doesn't sound like a possibility for one is off the table. If there's a third season, I doubt it'd be anytime soon though. I've no idea where they'd go with one seeing how Root A played out, unless it's like I heard one person suggest. Since Root A was an alternate route, some don't consider it a "true" season two and see a possibility of a direct adaptation of the second half of the first series down the road, then an adaptation of :re.

      I don't know what the likelihood of something like that is though... 

        Loading editor
    • Wasn't the reason season 2 was altered because too many vital plot points and characterizations got cut out of season 1?

      In any case, I think we'd need a remake of the first part of the series before we can have a remake of the second.

        Loading editor
    • If you want to go by what the director said:

      Morita: "In Japan, there was a three-month break between the seasons. These three months meant that viewers would lose touch with the anime and forget parts of the story. For this reason, starting where the last season left off wouldn't have been a good thing. That's why we thought of another approach. In order to regain the attention of the audience, we consulted with Ishida, and that led to the decision to use an original story for the second season."

      But it sounds rather...odd imo. "We made the story for season two different because the three month wait was too long for the audiance" ??????

        Loading editor
    • That answer is nonsense. As if the staff's alternate story was easier to comprehend.

      The easiest solution to this season problem is to remake the second season as OVAs.

        Loading editor
      • stares at various series with longer breaks but still picked up where they left off with little issue of people forgetting*

      Gee, I wonder if those guys had ever heard of "flashbacks" and whatnot that serve as reminders. -_-;

      In any case, a remake would be required before :re can be touched upon. The full Brotherhood treatment would be ideal, though the Hellsing Ultimate treatment is the next best thing. I don't care as long as Pierrot stays far away from season 3 right now.

      Honestly, I don't really trust Pierrot to not screw anything else at this point so I'm still hoping against hope the rights will expire and go to another studio.

        Loading editor
    • I'm hoping for a remake as much as the next person, but unless Pierrot does it, it'll most likely be years. I don't know much about the nitty-gritty of anime title rights, but they'll probably have it for a long time.

      Having the second season remade as OVAs would probably be the next best thing in the mean time. While a full remake by another studio like Madhouse is ideal from a fan perspective, OVA remakes is more reasonable from a company standpoint imo. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm hoping that it will go to another studio too. I always thought that Pierrot's color scheme didn't suit the story. I really hated that they dumbed down Kaneki. I'd be really happy if another studio kept Kaneki as smart as he was in the manga.

        Loading editor
    • ummm its past july and nothings out yet

        Loading editor
    • I don't know how licensing agreements work in Japan, but I'm going to guess it's not too different from how they work in the US: http://intellectual-property.lawyers.com/intellectual-property-licensing/licensing-agreements.html

      How long Pierrot has the rights all comes down to how long the term they negotiated with Ishida is. I'm really hoping Ishida gave them a two-year term to test the waters with, so expiration is imminent. But I accept that we could have a 10-year term for all we know. I have no idea how long typical terms are, nor how much Ishida dared negotiating on anything at the time.

      Guess we'll find out in due time.

        Loading editor
    • I heard that the season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul is being released this summer. The date hasn't been confirmed yet. I think that the manga has been released. Do any of you have any idea at all whether this season 3 is going to be relaesed or not?

        Loading editor
    • 112.134.36.199 wrote:
      I heard that the season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul is being released this summer. The date hasn't been confirmed yet. I think that the manga has been released. Do any of you have any idea at all whether this season 3 is going to be relaesed or not?


      There's no confirmation. Saying that season 3 is "coming out this summer" had been happening literally since right after season 2 ended. ='D

        Loading editor
    • Pfft! Don't you know? Obviously season 3 comes out every summer. You just need to know the secret society handshake to get in and see it. >XP

        Loading editor
    • Illuminati confirmed???? 

        Loading editor
    • What happened to Kaneki? :3

        Loading editor
    • 112.204.196.206 wrote:
      What happened to Kaneki? :3

      Like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know. 

        Loading editor
    • The world does know about the Tootsie pop, the number was 364. Kaneki's fate will probably remain unknown.

        Loading editor
    • Magister Revelations wrote:
      The world does know about the Tootsie pop, the number was 364. Kaneki's fate will probably remain unknown.

      You ruined it! 😨

        Loading editor
    • Blame the science experiment conducted by Purdue University.

        Loading editor
    • the ending.... kanou is going to freakin remake kaneki? i want to see how this turns out

        Loading editor
    • I read that season 3 of Tokyo Ghoul will be release in fall 2016. Where I read it also said that the release isn't 100% sure, so this is probably a rumour with a POSSIBLE truth, I'm not saying that it WILL be released then! I thought to share this with you guys ^.^

        Loading editor
    • ^ People have been coming up with fake release dates ever since Root A ended. That's one of them.

        Loading editor
    • I find it funny how "not 100% sure" automatically makes a rumor possibly true. All I have to say is, if there's no official announcement, it's not true.

      Honestly, I'm seeing ridiculous stuff about a 3rd season, like how TG: Jail is the name of the third season (which it's not since it's the name of the upcoming videogame).

        Loading editor
    • really hope there is a season 3 i wanna see how different it is from the manga and i also have a lot of hope that hide is still alive somehow

        Loading editor
    • there is a season three of Tokyo Ghoul called :Re. its about Kaneki having amnesia and went under the name Haise Sasaki. in the season three, he is not in Anteiku nor the Aogiri. He's in a complete different organization.

        Loading editor
    • ^That's the sequel manga, which has been running since last October and if you've been reading the manga, it's pretty obvious why a season 3 can't be done without a remake.

        Loading editor
    • As far as I know, Takizawa is the remake of Kaneki@Haise by Aogiri. I think I can wait for Ishida Sui sensei to finish Tokyo Ghoul:re. If Tokyo Ghoul can be divided by two; Tokyo Ghoul 1st anime takes about 66 chapters and Tokyo Ghoul /A takes 77 chapters meanwhile Tokyo Ghoul:re've just reach 40+ chapters... so I think it'll be worth waiting for (only if Pierrot don't ruin it :T) . P/S: But tbh half of me cannot wait any longer, XDD. And sorry for my broken English :3

        Loading editor
    • Tokyo Ghoul did amazing as a manga series in japan it ranked as the 9th best selling manga in japan apon the month of release the anime was not far off in popularty so no matter what anyone says about he diffrences in the manga series and the anime it would foolish not to assume they would not continue the anime they have to contune to make money and i think everyone here can agree that if they make another season of the anime we will all most likley watch it which will make them more money and honestly two many questions were left in season twos ending i cant imagine they would leave it there honestly i believe they should continue the story they have dont focus on anyone else keep kaneki as the focus to many people will give up on the series if they start going of into other focuses without really finishing our relationship with kaneki as the storys leader let kaneki grow as a character and let the audience bond with him more . 

        Loading editor
    • on summer 2016

        Loading editor
    • ^ proof? 

        Loading editor
    • PROOF??????????

        Loading editor
    • yup its summer 2016 on the 11th of may

        Loading editor
    • 81.152.120.204 wrote:
      yup its summer 2016 on the 11th of may

      Sauce or no pizza. 

        Loading editor
    • 81.152.120.204 wrote:
      yup its summer 2016 on the 11th of may

      Yea sure....  can you proof it? 

        Loading editor
    • Rule of Thumb: If it didn't come from Ishida or Pierrot, it's not real.

        Loading editor
    • Chilopoda wrote:
      Rule of Thumb: If it didn't come from Ishida or Pierrot, it's not real.

      agree! 

        Loading editor
    • they only sold about 2600 of root A's BD volume 1, I'm kinda doubting they'll make a season 3 by now :( that's like 2000 less than season 1's BD volume 1.

      if production IG or ufotable made the anime for TG it would have been a lot more popular imo.. I wish either of those studios would do a remake of the anime. Considering how popular the manga is in japan i would have thought Pierrot might have put more effort and budget into it..

        Loading editor
    • Whats the point of these question?Can't we TG Fans be more patient and just wait for Ishida to confirm S3 instead with all these rumors and misunderstandings?

      And I felt someone answering my question like "We are patient!We just need the date of the release!"...Only Time will tell when it will come,so let's all go inside a cyrogenic chamber and not just to wait for TG S3 BUT Also HOTD S2!SO LET'S SKIP 3 MILLENNIA!!!

        Loading editor
    • Since i was very desperate to find the release date of Tokyo Ghoul S3 which i did and set my heart at ease,anyways my point is that the release date i came across nearly a 100 times was the series will air during the winter 2016. This season will be based on Touka Kirishima the spotlight that she missed out in the previous season meaning season 2,along with Kaneki and with new characters in it well mostly are ghouls.But i am still waiting for the director of tokyo ghoul confimation.

        Loading editor
    • it  will come at christmas 2015

        Loading editor
    • 78.87.248.144 wrote:
      it  will come at christmas 2015


      http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Ghoul:_Pinto_(OVA)

        Loading editor
    • ^^^ There is no confirmation of a third season. Do not trust random websites reporting this, double-check that any claims have a link to an official source. (That means the official websites for the manga, anime, or Ishida himself.)

      Anything else should be assumed to be fake.

      There are two OVAs coming out, which are stand-alone. (Jack and Pinto).

      There have been no further announcements of any anime-related material. If there is anything official, it will be updated to the wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the issue is that we now have a half-official source, namely a press release by Funimation + GameSamba (though these two are basically the same company). You can find this press release on the website of GameSamba: http://gamesamba.net/announcements/GameSamba-and-FUNimation-Entertainment-to-make-TOKYO-GHOUL-mobile-game.html .

      The problem with this press release is that it's not really an announcement of a third season. Someone at Funimation fucked up. Either they didn't know if there's a third season, hence the statement is completely unreliable, they misinterpreted the OVAs as a third season or they accidentally made the third season official.

      Asking Funimation now won't help, because they'll correct their statement in the same way no matter what the reason for the original blunder was. And while I think it's unlikely that the Japanese production committee told them about it, it's also not completely out of the question that they gave them a hint (for example during the negotiations for the license to produce the game) if they're planning a third season.

        Loading editor
    • 我只想知道中国有没有东京喰种第三季- -

        Loading editor
    • ^ 这意味着什么?能否请您详细点吗 ? 通过“第三季”,你的意思是第三个赛季?

        Loading editor
    • The latest rumours are that season 3 will come in January 2016. Anyone know where this rumours came from?

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • i dont want a season 3. i want someone to start animating tokyo ghoul from scratch, with all the gore and scenes from the manga, after that happened to all 143 chapters we can talk about an anime for :re in my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • 110.33.230.229 wrote:
      Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks

      Looks like Tokyo Ghoul Season 3's release date is quasi-confirmed via a video game announcement. But it seems obvious the anime will go a different direction from the manga since it's already skipped some plot points. Either that, or the anime does a lot of flashbacks to fill in the gaps.

        Loading editor
    • Gumpngreen wrote:
      110.33.230.229 wrote:
      Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks
      Looks like Tokyo Ghoul Season 3's release date is quasi-confirmed via a video game announcement. But it seems obvious the anime will go a different direction from the manga since it's already skipped some plot points. Either that, or the anime does a lot of flashbacks to fill in the gaps.


      That's assuming that announcement wasn't a misunderstanding error on Funimation's part. I seriously hope that they just confused the OVAs for season 3. :\

        Loading editor
    • http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-11/funimation-gen-fukunaga-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-set-for-2016/.93865

      Funimation confirmed with ANN that it is "anticipating a 2016 release," but the company did not specify whether it meant a release for the mobile game or the anime's third season. The company did not respond to ANN's requests for clarification as of press time.

      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

        Loading editor
    • i like tokyo ghoul but he cut pls fast release season 3 im exited

        Loading editor
    • I think they should keep realeasing ovas until the gap isnt as big for the anime only people and then maybe they will start season 3

        Loading editor
    • there is a season 3. some rumors say it's in the summer, some in january, but it is released in 2016, and there is enough proof for this. 

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, Anons. There is still no confirmation of a third season. The Funimation release was a mistake, and there has been no official statement from any Japanese source (Ishida, Stupid Pierrot, Weekly Young Jump).

      And a lot of people have doubts about a third season, considering the poor decisions they made with Root A. The material they chose to cut out leaves a lot of plot holes, or other issues if they decided to adapt :Re as opposed to a completely original story.

        Loading editor
    • I hear there is season3 confirm in 2016

        Loading editor
    • I haven't seen a single mention of a press release, or other confirmation.

      So until we have some sort of official word from a reliable source, take anything as a rumor.

        Loading editor
    • I'm growing restless, 2016 is coming, July rumors were wrong, my life is gone to sh**, I'm unemployed, I can no longer pay for my university education and my girlfriend is at the hospital for pneumonia, I want... no I NEED something that gives me strenght to carry on... to keep fighting... and to remind me that other people are having a harder time so I have no reasons to be b****ing and the only one that can do that is Kaneki... seeing him fight for what he loves.... I...... I just wish the 3rd season comes soon ...... on the meanwhile I'll try to hang in there and make sure our situation doesn't get worse, guys if you're religious pray for a 3rd season and if not (like me) just wish for it. Thank you guys, but mainly; Thank you Ishida.

        Loading editor
    • @ A Wikia contributor

      A manga this popular has got to have a season 3

      HANG IN THERE *sends you puppies, kittens, cookies, and hugs*

        Loading editor
    • 189.167.66.207 wrote:
      I'm growing restless, 2016 is coming, July rumors were wrong, my life is gone to sh**, I'm unemployed, I can no longer pay for my university education and my girlfriend is at the hospital for pneumonia, I want... no I NEED something that gives me strenght to carry on... to keep fighting... and to remind me that other people are having a harder time so I have no reasons to be b****ing and the only one that can do that is Kaneki... seeing him fight for what he loves.... I...... I just wish the 3rd season comes soon ...... on the meanwhile I'll try to hang in there and make sure our situation doesn't get worse, guys if you're religious pray for a 3rd season and if not (like me) just wish for it. Thank you guys, but mainly; Thank you Ishida.

      Bro, read the manga it might help you alot. Every week there is a new chapter and so evry week you'll gain more strenght. as above anon sid, Hang n there bud :)

        Loading editor
    • a few words:

      Read

      The

      Manga

        Loading editor
    • As others have said, it really pays to read the manga. In fact, I'm sure you'll get even more joy from reading it because all the best parts were cut out and/or altered in the anime.

      Plus, there's a chapter every week, so you can get your fix for the next couple years. ;)

        Loading editor
    • Random prediction of the day:

      Season 3 announcement in 6 days (well, mag leaks might lead to it already being known on Saturday).

        Loading editor
    • That or when Pinto comes out.

        Loading editor
    • Pinto is too late.

      TG has opening color pages next week and gets a panel at Jump Festa (as the only Young Jump series) where 4 voice actors (Kaneki's, Touka's, Hide's and Nishiki's) will appear and this panel will even be livestreamed at Niconico, iirc.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, yeah. That sounds like Big Announcement material right there.

        Loading editor
    • MissEnoshima wrote:
      The second season ended with a couple of questions, like where is Hinami and Amon ? What will happen w/ Ken & Arima ? What about Eto and Yoshimura ? I don't think the second season should be the final season it'd also be nice to see the Clowns to give more relevence to Itori, Nico, Roma, And Uta especially since Roma kind of disappeared 

      Hinami is in a hiding shelter with Touka, before Touka escaped to go to the Anteiku to see the battle or planning to join the battle. If you're asking about Amon, if you see the 11th Episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A, you'll see that Kaneki and Amon are having a battle. They're both collapsed after unleashing their final attack. But, Kaneki can stand up again and go to Anteiku and then met Hide. The final episode leaves a biggest question and different plot from the manga. In the manga, Kaneki and Arima's having a battle and Kaneki's eye got stabbed by Arimas quinque all the way through the skull. But, he can still fight back after eventually Arima stabbed Kaneki through his whole body and through his head again. In the manga, Hide LIVED but Kaneki DIED, but in the anime, Hide DIED but Kaneki LIVED. I don't know why they make it like this. But, I'm sure they have a reason behind this cliff-ending. Anyway, I'm agree with your comment about Roma. In the 9th or 10th episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A, Uta was in the battle with Tsukiyama and Yomo. He's piercing Noro's chest to hold him while Yomo is charging to attack Noro. But, Noro is like invincible. After being cutted by 2, he can grab his body back and combined it again like nothing happened. About Nico, it sounds interesting to finds out who he really is and why is he acting like a girl. About Itori, it sounds interesting too to finds out what's her Kagune looks like and what's ghoul type.

        Loading editor
    • 202.62.16.112 wrote:
      MissEnoshima wrote:
      The second season ended with a couple of questions, like where is Hinami and Amon ? What will happen w/ Ken & Arima ? What about Eto and Yoshimura ? I don't think the second season should be the final season it'd also be nice to see the Clowns to give more relevence to Itori, Nico, Roma, And Uta especially since Roma kind of disappeared 
      Hinami is in a hiding shelter with Touka, before Touka escaped to go to the Anteiku to see the battle or planning to join the battle. If you're asking about Amon, if you see the 11th Episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A, you'll see that Kaneki and Amon are having a battle. They're both collapsed after unleashing their final attack. But, Kaneki can stand up again and go to Anteiku and then met Hide. The final episode leaves a biggest question and different plot from the manga. In the manga, Kaneki and Arima's having a battle and Kaneki's eye got stabbed by Arimas quinque all the way through the skull. But, he can still fight back after eventually Arima stabbed Kaneki through his whole body and through his head again. In the manga, Hide LIVED but Kaneki DIED, but in the anime, Hide DIED but Kaneki LIVED. I don't know why they make it like this. But, I'm sure they have a reason behind this cliff-ending. Anyway, I'm agree with your comment about Roma. In the 9th or 10th episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A, Uta was in the battle with Tsukiyama and Yomo. He's piercing Noro's chest to hold him while Yomo is charging to attack Noro. But, Noro is like invincible. After being cutted by 2, he can grab his body back and combined it again like nothing happened. About Nico, it sounds interesting to finds out who he really is and why is he acting like a girl. About Itori, it sounds interesting too to finds out what's her Kagune looks like and what's ghoul type.


      Kaneki didn't die though, as evidenced by :re. He recovered and had amnesia.

        Loading editor
    • The panel is over.

      According to twitter, they announced exactly nothing. Only noteworthy thing: Hanae is sick, and Miyano made a surprise appearance.

        Loading editor
    • Well that was...anticlimactic. 

        Loading editor
      • sigh*  so no season 3, not even a  reboot or an ova, i would hope for a reboot like Root B or something that`s what exatlice happen in the manga or same story like Root A but more things explained  like Kanou, rize,the twins, the clowns, kaneki group but without kaneki or he still there but just a double agent. 
        Loading editor
    • Well, I think it's good they didn't decide to animate :re all of a sudden. But really kinda pointless to bring the seiyuus and then they announce nothing lol

        Loading editor
    • 110.33.230.229 wrote:
      Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks

      it will Air in Winter 2016....

        Loading editor
    • What source do you have to confirm that?

        Loading editor
    • anon it`s not true there won`t be a season 3 for now.

        Loading editor
    • release season 3 hurry

        Loading editor
    • Season 3 has not been confirmed.

        Loading editor
    • There is just a little chance that it will  be a season 3

        Loading editor
    • If they aren't making season 3 now, they probably never will. With how much Pierrot likes to milk its media and how impossible it is for them to follow the manga now, if they wanted to make it they would have done it a year ago.

      Sorry, it's truth. We're most likely gonna have to wait until the rights expire and a different studio remakes the entire series.

        Loading editor
    • "Great news! It has been confirmed that 'Tokyo Ghoul' season 3 will be released in 2016. Now, that the renewal of the anime series has been announced, the main question on everyone's mind is whether the storyline of season 3 will stay true to the current running manga 'Tokyo Ghoul: re.'"

      "The main cause of concern is that 'Tokyo Ghoul: re' only has 43 chapters which might not be enough material to produce a whole season's worth of episodes."

      And while not much has been revealed about the series' story, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment, Ge Fukunaga announced in an interview with Crossmap that the season 3 will definitely happen next year, in line with the new game that they have been developing.

        Loading editor
    • "Great news! It has been confirmed that 'Tokyo Ghoul' season 3 will be released in 2016. Now, that the renewal of the anime series has been announced, the main question on everyone's mind is whether the storyline of season 3 will stay true to the current running manga 'Tokyo Ghoul: re.'"

      "The main cause of concern is that 'Tokyo Ghoul: re' only has 43 chapters which might not be enough material to produce a whole season's worth of episodes."

      And while not much has been revealed about the series' story, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment, Ge Fukunaga announced in an interview with Crossmap that the season 3 will definitely happen next year, in line with the new game that they have been developing.

        Loading editor
    • ^Source? 

      These "TG season 3 is coming out next year for sure!" rumors have been going around for weeks. 

        Loading editor
    • Where did you get this information from? :re has more than 43 chapters now so it isn't really new?

      Also that being not enough material to work with... Yeah, if it happens it will be totally rushed once again.

        Loading editor
    • that was a while ago and it is ofc fake.... 

        Loading editor
    • So does that mean there's going to be no Season 3? Because Root A ended with me having a lot of questions on my mind and I'd like to find out what happened to Kaneki.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Just assume that anime Kaneki is dead and go read the manga instead. It'll answer whatever questions you have.

        Loading editor
    • i saw this news some days ago , thats the reason it said 43 chapter. but im sure guys at least it will come for fall 2016 , just wait guys . 

        Loading editor
    • Chilopoda wrote:
      If they aren't making season 3 now, they probably never will. With how much Pierrot likes to milk its media and how impossible it is for them to follow the manga now, if they wanted to make it they would have done it a year ago.

      Sorry, it's truth. We're most likely gonna have to wait until the rights expire and a different studio remakes the entire series.

      I'm just gonna put this here again. If Pierrot really wanted to make a season 3, they would have done it already. With how Root A went, there's literally no way they can even remotely follow :re faithfully. If they wanted to profit, instead of making just these 2 OVAs and a video game or two, they would have just continued down the "original" alt story path where the characters and basic plot points of :re are used with all the depth and key details.

      Since that clearly didn't happen, that leads to two possibilites: Pierrot finally realized they hit a dead end because they thought they were better than Ishida in the storytelling department by chucking 99% of his drafts for Root A or the rights for TG:re are separate from that of TG (since by technicality they are separate series) and Ishida is not giving it to them after their poor (and sometimes disrespectiful going off the interview with the director) handling of the anime.

      Either way, it is extremely unlikely Pierrot would make another season without admitting they screwed up the whole thing unnecessarily (seriously, the manga was approaching its final arc by the time the anime was announced; they had ample material to adapt all of season 1 faithfully and then do the rest faithfully as well).

      Whatever the case, we most likely won't be seeing any new anime series material until the rights transfer and we get a remake. Until then, anime fans, I highly recommend you jump into the manga. It's much better anyway, and there's a new chapter every week barring holidays.

        Loading editor
    • The reason might have been the budget since they did not know how popular it could be and then decided to stuff everything into 12 epsiodes. But at the other hand there are also anime with fewer episodes that have a faithful adaption and they just make several seasons.. This only applies to Season 1, though and I have no idea what happened in S2. According to Ishidas original drafts for Root A he even wanted the anime to end because Hide and Kaneki both died together surounded by flames... I have literally no idea why they decided to almost completely disregard his draft. If they wanted to sell it they could have went by the manga. Or was it a rule to use the draft? But then they actually didn't... I just don't understand.

        Loading editor
    • 12 episodes would have been enough for a faithful adaptation up to Aogiri if only they didn't waste time on certain scenes.

      What really ticked me off was Ishida's drafts as released in the anime book indicated that Root A would have been basically the manga's last half except with Kaneki in Aogiri (i.e. actually an alternate route). Most of it probably could have been fit into the last 12 episodes. But instead, Pierrot scrapped practically the whole thing and only kept the scenes that depended on the stuff they cut out (e.g. the rooftop scene, which is very out of the blue without all of Tsukiyama's character development). Worst part was that in an interview for season 1, the director doesn't see Tsukiyama as anything other than "pervy" (and spent practically the whole thing saying how pervy Shuu is) and had him written that way. Even had the nerve to criticize Ishida's pacing in the manga.

      Yeah, Pierrot's handling of the anime is a disaster in my opinion. The only good they accomplished was getting the manga more well-known and popular outside Japan, but that's it. :\

        Loading editor
    • Eh I'm not sure if it would have been possible up to that point because I think there are still a lot of important things in the manga that you cannot leave out even if they are just 'regular' conversations. I think it was way too rushed after the Gourmet arc and then felt really off. As a whole the season was ok but I'm sure it would have worked better if they made 2 seasons for it if you ask me. 

      Yes, I also think it could have been actually good since Ishida specifically wrote a new draft for the second season. So everything should have been totally fine and maybe would have worked better than the first. But nope...

      Also yeah Tsukiyama in the anime is pretty much ridiculous and not much more than that... In the manga I also thought some moments are rather funny but overall he was also quite scary. For example the scene where he suddenly was in the room of the woman and took out her eyes to eat them. It wasn't a totally important scene like others but this is how he was introduced. He wasn't shown as a total perverted creep but rather someone dangerous you shouldn't mess with. So in my opinion something like that should have been kept in the anime. I don't even need to say anything about S2 Tsukiyama because.. of reasons...

        Loading editor
    • I was more referring to the extra scenes that weren't in the manga (e.g. Hinami's dad, extended fight scenes, anything that wasn't in the manga and doesn't really contribute to the story), but eh well. =P

        Loading editor
    • Oh sorry I misunderstood lol

        Loading editor
    • ok so YES there is a third season, it is scheduled to release in winter 2016 and is being published by MADHOUSE this time around (the publishers of deathnote) they said that its their darkest plot yet, the third season will spotlight on Touka and her struggle to carry on with her life after the insident with Kaneki

        Loading editor
    • Source? This doesn't sound likely at all.

        Loading editor
    • Keep dreaming season 3 won`t come in a long time or at all 

        Loading editor
    • The Madhouse rumor was started by Anime Maru, which makes up fake anime news.

        Loading editor
    • That is possibly the most BS rumor I've seen so far, haha. :'D

      Again, rule of thumb: If the info it didn't come directly from Ishida or any studio, it's fake.

        Loading editor
    • Im pretty sure the Season 3 will come out this 2016 .

      because tokyo ghoul :RE has 58 chapters and the end of the season 2 has the similar ending as the manga .

      And there's also a clip at the end of the episode where Touka opens the :RE Shop .

      So i am sure the season 3 will be based upon the manga :RE .

      Here's Proof : Season 3 based on the Manga

        Loading editor
    • HaiseSaki wrote:
      Im pretty sure the Season 3 will come out this 2016 .

      because tokyo ghoul :RE has 58 chapters and the end of the season 2 has the similar ending as the manga .

      And there's also a clip at the end of the episode where Touka opens the :RE Shop .

      So i am sure the season 3 will be based upon the manga :RE .

      Here's Proof : Season 3 based on the Manga

      That article doesn't actually...tell us much.

      It just states the obvious: if season three is made, it might be based on :re because it's the proper sequel, but wouldn't be a direct adaptation. Plus, it's sources are other websites known for their dubious info. A red flag is raised when a news article says its looking at "theories" from other news articles. 

      If a season 3 is based off of :re I've no idea what they're going to do with it. They wrote themselves into a corner with Root A. How they'd try to pass Kaneki off as Sasaki in the CCG is beyond me. 

        Loading editor
    • Lets leave it to ishida then .

        Loading editor
    • Rule of thumb again: If Ishida or a studio didn't say it, it's not real.

      And again, it's impossible for Pierrot to follow :re now even if it's completed because of how much they mangled the story already. They can only make yet another "original route" where they just take the characters and do whatever flimsy story they think they can get away with. In other words, they could have done a season 3 ages ago, but they didn't. If they aren't making now, they aren't making it ever unless they decide to admit they screwed up and remake everything.

        Loading editor
    • Reboots are dumb . 

      So if Pierrot might make a S3 out of :RE then the story will be confusing to some new viewers.

      But to manga readers the story is relatable.

      and... if tokyo ghoul gets a reboot , it would take alot of years for a S2 or a S3

        Loading editor
    • The point is new viewers, though. If you cannot understand it without reading the manga, that's an issue.

      Ultimately, adapting :Re would be near-impossible because of the many plot holes. They would have to go with an original story, based on the anime continuity and using those versions of the characters. And Root A showed that they really couldn't manage things, since it left a lot of people confused.

      A reboot is the better choice, as it would allow for a more accurate telling and actually adapting the material. I mean, FMA: Brotherhood was an absolutely GIFT as well Hellsing Ultimate.

        Loading editor
    • Yea , if only the anime followed the manga then the anime wouldn't be bad as of now .

        Loading editor
    • Root A was an alternate story, so if Pierrot goes all out new story, they would have to make almost an entirely new one separate from :re.

      If they try to keep it as close to :re as possible anyway it'd be confusing to anime only watchers and alienate them. :re readers might get what's happening, but a good chunk of the manga fanbase aren't fans of the anime and would realize all the plot holes. 

      Ishida wrote an entire new draft for Root A, but Pierrot wasn't confident enough in it and ended up making most of the story identical to the manga anyway, bar a few key points. If they're waiting for :re to have enough chapters to borrow from, they need at least 70 something chapters or so, most of which they probably wouldn't be able to use. Not unless they really don't care about the story being confusing. 

      Pierrot is in a bit in a tight spot for a season three and a lot of it has to do with their own lack of confidence. They didn't want to alienate the manga fans with Root A, so ended up making superficial changes. What they ended up with was a dry story where stuff happened, but nothing was explained. I think I'd be okay with a season three no if I knew they'd at least go balls out, but Root A and the OVAs don't inspire much confidence. 

      Mind, I'm not denying season three being a thing because I'm still half convinced that they're waiting for :re to have enough chapters regardless if they can't work with it, but my expectations are really low because the story would likely be confusing and all over the place. Which is why a lot of people are hoping for a reboot since that'd give Pierrot a chance to adapt S2 faithfully then to :re proper. 

        Loading editor
    • i wonder why did pierrot call season 2 root a? like wtf what is it suppose to mean. 

        Loading editor
    • √A ("root A") is a reference to and pun on the Aogiri Tree organization, which is the focus of the second season. "A" is simply the first letter of the organization, and the root is a pun on tree root (since it's the Aogiri Tree).

        Loading editor
    • No, it's probably a pun on "Route". "Route Aogiri" - that's the intended meaning, I think.

        Loading editor
    • Well anything goes .

        Loading editor
    • make sense thanks for the help! 

        Loading editor
    • Let's Have a Conclusion

      Let's See:

      1.some people said its better for tokyo ghoul to get reboot. some of them said for season 2 some of them said for entire anime.(on the one hand Im actully agree with rebooting season 2 something in it wasnt really good , i haven't seen the manga but I think it needs a change) But lets think guys , if its going to reboot some songs or the voice of characters may change.(and i hate it)

      2.if Im not wrong as some of you guys said the anime (Actully season 2) it's a little diffrent from manga (i haven't seen manga) so it's an important reason for rebooting but i think the anime is really good for now but another problem is that: it made a lot of questions for Viewers , and the anime is a little Vague . but this vague story is what makes this anime really really exciting and best (you should accept it :D ).

      3.rebooting has a big problem and that problem is that if they want to make this anime again i would take alot of time to make season 2 agian , can you guys really wait for it ?! the saeson three may come 2 years later :| can you guys really wait for it?! ( im talking to ones who have just seen the anime)

        Loading editor
    • Believe me the manga is better. The anime is not total shit but you cannot even compare it to the manga. I have also started with the anime and then read the manga after a few episodes and as the anime progressed the difference is just really huge. 

      Also when a reboot come (god knows if and when) the ost may change but the voice actors might remain mostly the same. Rozen Maiden was an anime that aired around 2006 and then there was another season in 2013 and everyone still had the same voice actor. So it is possible. 

        Loading editor
    • Lialali wrote:
      Believe me the manga is better. The anime is not total shit but you cannot even compare it to the manga. I have also started with the anime and then read the manga after a few episodes and as the anime progressed the difference is just really huge. 

      Also when a reboot come (god knows if and when) the ost may change but the voice actors might remain mostly the same. Rozen Maiden was an anime that aired around 2006 and then there was another season in 2013 and everyone still had the same voice actor. So it is possible. 

      i said i havent seen manga ( to tell u the truth i dont like seeing manga at all , actully white and block ones, that's the reason i haven't seen the manga) but until now Tokyo Ghoul is the best anime for me in the world even if someone say death note ( i have seen it myself) is better i'll tell him to go see tokyo ghoul.but what are you saying is pushing me to go and see the manga for the first time im my life :D . if its really better than the anime ill go and read the manga and i will tell you , my final Opinion guys :D( just tell me: its better or not?! ).

        Loading editor
    • Mr.Kaneki wrote:
      Lialali wrote:
      Believe me the manga is better. The anime is not total shit but you cannot even compare it to the manga. I have also started with the anime and then read the manga after a few episodes and as the anime progressed the difference is just really huge. 

      Also when a reboot come (god knows if and when) the ost may change but the voice actors might remain mostly the same. Rozen Maiden was an anime that aired around 2006 and then there was another season in 2013 and everyone still had the same voice actor. So it is possible. 

      i said i havent seen manga ( to tell u the truth i dont like seeing manga at all , actully white and block ones, that's the reason i haven't seen the manga) but until now Tokyo Ghoul is the best anime for me in the world even if someone say death note ( i have seen it myself) is better i'll tell him to go see tokyo ghoul.but what are you saying is pushing me to go and see the manga for the first time im my life :D . if its really better than the anime ill go and read the manga and i will tell you , my final Opinion guys :D( just tell me: its better or not?! ).

      I get the impression you're pretty young through your posts. For what it's worth, the manga is seinen (aimed at adult men) and the anime is a dumbed down version that gives a shounen (aimed at boys) vibe. I take it it's because it was made by Studio Pierrot which makes some really well known shounen. 

      The manga is generally considered far superior to the anime. The first season adapts the first half of the manga relatively faithfully, but is drier and leaves out some of the important explanations and developments. Season two was made as an alternate telling of the second half of the manga. It shows what would happen if Kaneki had taken a different path, so the manga and anime actually have two branching storylines. Even though it's an adaptation it's almost like reading a new story because of the direction the anime took. 

      Kaneki is also a completely different character. In the manga he actually...does stuff. I won't give too much away, but for one he actually runs his own gang as opposed to joining someone else's so we see how he works as a gang leader. Subsequently, we get to see a lot more of characters the anime skimmed over and didn't develop. 

      So with the manga you get an alternate storyline, the same main character but with a proactive personality, more character development from characters the anime neglected, and more explanations. Like what happened to Rize, the twin girls' back story, why Shachi attacked Kaneki, more on ghoul biology, what happened during the Kaneki vs. Arima fight, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Blue Luna wrote:
      Mr.Kaneki wrote:
      Lialali wrote:
      Believe me the manga is better. The anime is not total shit but you cannot even compare it to the manga. I have also started with the anime and then read the manga after a few episodes and as the anime progressed the difference is just really huge. 

      Also when a reboot come (god knows if and when) the ost may change but the voice actors might remain mostly the same. Rozen Maiden was an anime that aired around 2006 and then there was another season in 2013 and everyone still had the same voice actor. So it is possible. 

      i said i havent seen manga ( to tell u the truth i dont like seeing manga at all , actully white and block ones, that's the reason i haven't seen the manga) but until now Tokyo Ghoul is the best anime for me in the world even if someone say death note ( i have seen it myself) is better i'll tell him to go see tokyo ghoul.but what are you saying is pushing me to go and see the manga for the first time im my life :D . if its really better than the anime ill go and read the manga and i will tell you , my final Opinion guys :D( just tell me: its better or not?! ).
      I get the impression you're pretty young through your posts. For what it's worth, the manga is seinin (aimed at adult men) and the anime is a dumbed down version that gives a shounen (aimed at boys) vibe. I take it it's because it was made by Studio Pierrot which makes some really well known shounen. 

      The manga is generally considered far superior to the anime. The first season adapts the first half of the manga relatively faithfully, but is drier and leaves out some of the important explanations and developments. Season two was made as an alternate telling of the second half of the manga. It shows what would happen if Kaneki had taken a different path, so the manga and anime actually have two branching storylines. Even though it's an adaptation it's almost like reading a new story because of the direction the anime took. 

      Kaneki is also a completely different character. In the manga he actually...does stuff. I won't give too much away, but for one he actually runs his own gang as opposed to joining someone else's so we see how he works as a gang leader. Subsequently, we get to see a lot more of characters the anime skimmed over and didn't develop. 

      So with the manga you get an alternate storyline, the same main character but with a proactive personality, more character development from characters the anime neglected, and more explanations. Like what happened to Rize, the twin girls' back story, why Shachi attacked Kaneki, more on ghoul biology, what happened during the Kaneki vs. Arima fight,  etc.

      Wow , I see alot of work put into your reply . Im fascinated 

        Loading editor
    • im about 18 years old (the reason that I didnt read the manga is that i don't like reading a manga ,actully black and white ones, at all). Im agree with you , as i said this anime is a little Vague , because the viewers still dont know some of the character's life but Since you said :"more character development from characters the anime neglected" it shows the manga is more complete than the anime . Due to all these reasons , i think i have to read the manga.

        Loading editor
    • HaiseSaki wrote:
      Blue Luna wrote:
      Mr.Kaneki wrote:
      Lialali wrote:
      Believe me the manga is better. The anime is not total shit but you cannot even compare it to the manga. I have also started with the anime and then read the manga after a few episodes and as the anime progressed the difference is just really huge. 

      Also when a reboot come (god knows if and when) the ost may change but the voice actors might remain mostly the same. Rozen Maiden was an anime that aired around 2006 and then there was another season in 2013 and everyone still had the same voice actor. So it is possible. 

      i said i havent seen manga ( to tell u the truth i dont like seeing manga at all , actully white and block ones, that's the reason i haven't seen the manga) but until now Tokyo Ghoul is the best anime for me in the world even if someone say death note ( i have seen it myself) is better i'll tell him to go see tokyo ghoul.but what are you saying is pushing me to go and see the manga for the first time im my life :D . if its really better than the anime ill go and read the manga and i will tell you , my final Opinion guys :D( just tell me: its better or not?! ).
      I get the impression you're pretty young through your posts. For what it's worth, the manga is seinin (aimed at adult men) and the anime is a dumbed down version that gives a shounen (aimed at boys) vibe. I take it it's because it was made by Studio Pierrot which makes some really well known shounen. 

      The manga is generally considered far superior to the anime. The first season adapts the first half of the manga relatively faithfully, but is drier and leaves out some of the important explanations and developments. Season two was made as an alternate telling of the second half of the manga. It shows what would happen if Kaneki had taken a different path, so the manga and anime actually have two branching storylines. Even though it's an adaptation it's almost like reading a new story because of the direction the anime took. 

      Kaneki is also a completely different character. In the manga he actually...does stuff. I won't give too much away, but for one he actually runs his own gang as opposed to joining someone else's so we see how he works as a gang leader. Subsequently, we get to see a lot more of characters the anime skimmed over and didn't develop. 

      So with the manga you get an alternate storyline, the same main character but with a proactive personality, more character development from characters the anime neglected, and more explanations. Like what happened to Rize, the twin girls' back story, why Shachi attacked Kaneki, more on ghoul biology, what happened during the Kaneki vs. Arima fight,  etc.

      Wow , I see alot of work put into your reply . Im fascinated 

      Oh? I take it you haven't read the manga either? 

        Loading editor
    • Mr.Kaneki wrote:
      im about 18 years old (the reason that I didnt read the manga is that i don't like reading a manga ,actully black and white ones, at all). Im agree with you , as i said this anime is a little Vague , because the viewers still dont know some of the character's life but Since you said :"more character development from characters the anime neglected" it shows the manga is more complete than the anime . Due to all these reasons , i think i have to read the manga.

      Ah, I guessed somewhere between 15-17. I was close.='D

      Yeah, the lack of character development is one of the things that most disappointed fans because the manga is so character driven. Like Tsukiyama really got the short end of the stick and Banjou was swept under the rug completely. Kaneki's backstory wasn't even as fleshed out now that I think about it. His entire backstory with his awful aunt was cut out for some reason.

        Loading editor
    • due to all you said guys (thanks to all of you , actully Blue Luna :D ) it shows they really made this anime bad and it made me angry really :D . here i found this petition some minutes ago:

      Tokyo Ghoul Reboot by MADHOUSE

      MADHOUSE productions are almost always on point when it comes to staying true to the manga. Death Note, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Claymore are just a few of its brilliant works. Now, what happened to Tokyo Ghoul is just heartbreaking. I mean, we have a manga that is on par with Death Note when it comes to its complexity and psychological theme and it gets that sorry adaptation from Studio Pierrot. Not only did they butcher the plot, they also ruined the characters and their development. Imagine if Death Note had as anime adaptation a story about a bored high school kid who finds a notebook and begins to randomly kill people, managing not to get caught by the police because there are no characters with an IQ higher than 2 digits. This reboot has to happen.

      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tokyo-ghoul-reboot-by-madhouse

      if they made this beautiful anime that bad , i'll definitely sign it. but if they could reboot it themselves it would be better because if its going to reboot by madhouse musics ( actually osts that i love) may going to change and maybe character's voice . but i know madhouse is that good to keep these things that people loves.

      i want you people to sign it if you want.(and tell your friends please)


      there is another choice for them :

      make a season that shows the parts that they deleted in this anime ( that won't happen i know :P )

        Loading editor
    • Well has it been confirmed by Ishida Sui ?

      And i feel a little bit left out since im younger than most of you guys .

      Im 14 :D

        Loading editor
    • i hope this is true but if Ishida don`t confirm this we can take it as fake.  

      p.s I`m just 15 so you don`t have to feel left out xD. 

        Loading editor
    • That's Nice .

      If only Tokyo Ghoul : RE release 3 - 8 chapters weekly I wouldn't feel sad as of now . ;(

        Loading editor
    • Any mangaka would be half dead or have some secret superpowers if they would be able to do this much lol 

        Loading editor
    • They can do it as long as making manga is what they do , right?

        Loading editor
    • If they do nothing else but that then probably but then they cannot sleep or eat.

        Loading editor
    • I would wish for him to be immortal .

        Loading editor
    • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_anime                                                                                i know this maybe is not trustable but Tokyo ghoul season 3???????

        Loading editor
    • hi guys

      it has been confirmed for 2016 i think .

      sites are talking about it:

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_anime

      http://animefeeds.com/2015/10/funimations-gen-fukunaga-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-scheduled-for-2016/

      it will come for sure this year . but i hope they do sth to things that they deleted in season 1 or 2.


      i checked sth some moments ago.

      TBA - Tokyo Ghoul Studio:?????? Season 3

      they didnt say the name of studio :?

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_anime

        Loading editor
    • Mr.Kaneki wrote:
      hi guys

      it has been confirmed for 2016 i think .

      sites are talking about it:

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_anime

      http://animefeeds.com/2015/10/funimations-gen-fukunaga-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-scheduled-for-2016/

      it will come for sure this year . but i hope they do sth to things that they deleted in season 1 or 2.


      i checked sth some moments ago.

      TBA - Tokyo Ghoul Studio:?????? Season 3

      they didnt say the name of studio :?

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_anime

      Oh this will be interesting .

      I wonder what kind of story it is besides : re or they might make it based on : re .

      Why did they even change the story in the first place?

        Loading editor
    • Not trustworthy.

        Loading editor
    • Like i expected

        Loading editor
    • What about a source like animenewsnetwork, crunchyroll or idigitaltimes?

        Loading editor
    • Unless they're sourcing Ishida, Pierrot, or whoever has the rights at the time, can't trust them either.

      (Not that they ever claim anything solid unless it's from the source anyway)

        Loading editor
    • That is what I mean.  When Jack was animated it was mentioned by most of these sources.

        Loading editor
    • Magister Revelations wrote:
      What about a source like animenewsnetwork, crunchyroll or idigitaltimes?

      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-11/funimation-gen-fukunaga-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-set-for-2016/.93865

        Loading editor
    • Your friendly PSA of the day!

      It seems like quite a few people don't understand what 'proof' is. If you read an article that makes bold claims, you need to check their sources (remember having to put sources in when you did a report on something in school?). If those sources are not from an 'official' source, it is not 'proof', no matter how well thought out it is. It's just speculation or a straight up lie to get hits aka 'clickbait'.

      Now I guess it's time for me to find the manga of this.

        Loading editor
    • Funimation confirmed with ANN that it is "anticipating a 2016 release," but the company did not specify whether it meant a release for the mobile game or the anime's third season. The company did not respond to ANN's requests for clarification as of press time.

      Whent Jack was animated it was confirmed by Pierrot who has been animating the manga. No word has been given by Ishida or the studio.

        Loading editor
    • Funimation isn't the actual animating company though, and without anything from the source (Pierrot and/or Ishida) it was most likely incorrect info.

      They shut up immediately about it afterwards, and there was no announcement for the rest of the year. If there really was a 2016 release coming, they would have announced it by the year's end.

      That's why you have to check ANN's sources as well. No source = not reliable.

      Also, Magister, you're contradicting yourself in the last sentence. You said Jack was confirmed by Pierrot when they were animating it, then in the next one said no word has been given by Ishida or the studio. Is there something else you were going to say in between?

        Loading editor
    • No I just noted when Root A concluded Jack was advertised immediately after in media outlets like ANN.

        Loading editor
    • Has Ishida made a face reveal ? 

      If yes im gonna stalk him

        Loading editor
    • No he did create a cool picture of Kouma.

        Loading editor
    • omg cant wait for season 3 

        Loading editor
    • Well i hope you can wait 2 years or never, lol 

        Loading editor
    • Just got news Tokyo Ghoul is returning this winter..... Well though mad house studio is gonna release it  And it said touka is gonna be ina spotlight...."The first episode exclusively available to Anime Maru staff features monologue where Touka laments her distress over choosing between Kamii University, To-Oh University, and Duke University. However, with the rise in racial tensions in the United States and the recent incident of a noose found hanging at Duke, the fear of ghoul discrimination is particularly omnipresent," Anime Maru stated.

        Loading editor
    • It's a joke.

        Loading editor
    • Hahahaha

        Loading editor
    • Harostar
      Harostar removed this reply because:
      Nonsense.
      09:01, January 11, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Harostar
      Harostar removed this reply because:
      Nonsense spam.
      09:02, January 11, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • 120.89.104.96 wrote:
      Just got news Tokyo Ghoul is returning this winter..... Well though mad house studio is gonna release it  And it said touka is gonna be ina spotlight...."The first episode exclusively available to Anime Maru staff features monologue where Touka laments her distress over choosing between Kamii University, To-Oh University, and Duke University. However, with the rise in racial tensions in the United States and the recent incident of a noose found hanging at Duke, the fear of ghoul discrimination is particularly omnipresent," Anime Maru stated.

      i couldnt visit madhouse website , but everywhere sites are talking about it that they are making a season named: Tokyo Ghoul √(-1)

      http://www.animemaru.com/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-confirmed/

        Loading editor
    • Obviously, this is absolutely fake. XD

      Seriously, people. If it doesn't come from the official website for Tokyo Ghoul, don't believe it.

        Loading editor
    • The only real thing is that college is true horror.

        Loading editor
    • I`m not a college student but that is still so true. 

        Loading editor

    • 120.89.104.96 wrote:
      Just got news Tokyo Ghoul is returning this winter..... Well though mad house studio is gonna release it  And it said touka is gonna be ina spotlight...."The first episode exclusively available to Anime Maru staff features monologue where Touka laments her distress over choosing between Kamii University, To-Oh University, and Duke University. However, with the rise in racial tensions in the United States and the recent incident of a noose found hanging at Duke, the fear of ghoul discrimination is particularly omnipresent," Anime Maru stated.


      that is fake :S i wonder who wrote it really

        Loading editor
    • Couldn't you guys calm your tits , well I think that they're gonna release it this year so I am trying so hard to pass time but it seems like this will be tough for me ;( . Y MAKE A DIFFERENT STORY ANYWAY? The manga was already perfect! ;(

        Loading editor
    • 120.89.104.96 wrote:
      Just got news Tokyo Ghoul is returning this winter..... Well though mad house studio is gonna release it  And it said touka is gonna be ina spotlight...."The first episode exclusively available to Anime Maru staff features monologue where Touka laments her distress over choosing between Kamii University, To-Oh University, and Duke University. However, with the rise in racial tensions in the United States and the recent incident of a noose found hanging at Duke, the fear of ghoul discrimination is particularly omnipresent," Anime Maru stated.


      AHAHAHA, okay, this has got to be the best fake announcement I've ever read. XD

        Loading editor
    • why don't u just pray for Pierrot to go bankrupt and close down instead of hoping for a season 3

        Loading editor
    • Kaiyden wrote: why don't u just pray for Pierrot to go bankrupt and close down instead of hoping for a season 3

      Then if that happens I will go seriously crazy because you will have to wait for a reboot for about 2-3 years . That will suk

        Loading editor
    • yup there will be season 3 search it in youtube tokyo ghoul season 3 preview its loosk just like in manga

        Loading editor
    • Do you have anything from a reputable news outlet like animenewsnetwork or crunchyroll for this information you mentioned?

        Loading editor
    • The preview is probably for the :re manga. It aired around a month after the first manga ended. There was one that summarized all of the events in the prequel. Then there is another with the epilog, where Akira stood in front of a grave and then met a person who introduced himself to her (Sasaki). 

        Loading editor
    • 176.205.9.175 wrote:
      yup there will be season 3 search it in youtube tokyo ghoul season 3 preview its loosk just like in manga

      Hmm , no source ? well im gonna go check it anyways ...

      Its gonna be a fake anyway , maybe .

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Zekkrom wrote:
      http://when-will.net/anime/697-will-there-be-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-summer-2015.html

      I have no proof wether this is real or not, but here you go

      For it to be true it must be announced by the author itself or the studio . 

      Well i still believe that season 3 will come out this 2016 . :D

        Loading editor
    • Zekkrom wrote:
      http://when-will.net/anime/697-will-there-be-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-summer-2015.html

      I have no proof wether this is real or not, but here you go

      I haven't checked the link because I'm tired of giving these sites clicks, but the code says 2015.

      There's no announcement at the moment. If a season 3 ever gets a real announcement places like this Wiki would be exploding because legit news sites with heavy traffic, like Anime News Network and Crunchyroll, would report on it.

      We've been getting these fake announcements every few days now. Guys, please stop giving these obscure news sites clicks. They post stuff like this because they know it gets attention and websites actually record their traffic. We have links to legit sites like Ishida's Twitter, the official anime Twitter, the official manga Twitter, the anime distributor's special TG website, etc right here on the Wiki. Some are even on front page. Please use those for verification instead.

      If season three is announced, you'll see it in places like this for example:

      https://twitter.com/tkg_anime

      http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/

      ^These are official TG anime sites.

        Loading editor
    • Blue Luna wrote:
      Zekkrom wrote:
      http://when-will.net/anime/697-will-there-be-tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-summer-2015.htmlI have no proof wether this is real or not, but here you go
      I haven't checked the link because I'm tired of giving these sites clicks, but the code says 2015.

      There's no announcement at the moment. If a season 3 ever gets a real announcement places like this Wiki would be exploding because legit news sites with heavy traffic, like Anime News Network and Crunchyroll, would report on it.

      We've been getting these fake announcements every few days now. Guys, please stop giving these obscure news sites clicks. They post stuff like this because they know it gets attention and websites actually record their traffic. We have links to legit sites like Ishida's Twitter, the official anime Twitter, the official manga Twitter, the anime distributor's special TG website, etc right here on the Wiki. Some are even on front page. Please use those for verification instead.

      If season three is announced, you'll see it in places like this for example:

      https://twitter.com/tkg_anime

      http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/

      ^These are official TG anime sites.

      I agree with you and im pretty sure that this wikia will go explode if season 3 has really been announced . 

        Loading editor
    • Hello guys ! ;D

      as I said I readmanga and it was really better as all of you said 

      about two days ago when I visited some news sites about tokyo ghoul season 3 i realized something , they said (I know its not a source like pierrot wensite. Im just talking about that what they are saying is right in this paragraph):

      We also covered in our previous reports that the events in Season 3 will most likely to divert from its manga counterpart. Like we said before, the current running manga of the franchise is, "Tokyo Ghoul: Re". The main cause of concern is that 'Tokyo Ghoul: re' only has 43 chapters which might not be enough material to produce a whole season's worth of episodes. link:http://www.crossmap.com/news/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-do-fans-really-want-a-reboot-petition-signatures-say-no-news-updates-24209

      It made me think actually , they didnt made saeson 2 completely like the manga and they made an story close to that .so it means maybe they want to show them in season 3?!. so they will have enough story to make season 3. all of you know at the end of season 2 they showed a sign that :re was written on it . so do you think it was just something spurious?! . so due to all of these we can say it is possible (60%-70%) that it will come ;D . 

        Loading editor
    • Mr.Kaneki wrote:

      Hello guys ! ;D

      as I said I readmanga and it was really better as all of you said 

      about two days ago when I visited some news sites about tokyo ghoul season 3 i realized something , they said (I know its not a source like pierrot wensite. Im just talking about that what they are saying is right in this paragraph):

      We also covered in our previous reports that the events in Season 3 will most likely to divert from its manga counterpart. Like we said before, the current running manga of the franchise is, "Tokyo Ghoul: Re". The main cause of concern is that 'Tokyo Ghoul: re' only has 43 chapters which might not be enough material to produce a whole season's worth of episodes. link:http://www.crossmap.com/news/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-do-fans-really-want-a-reboot-petition-signatures-say-no-news-updates-24209

      It made me think actually , they didnt made saeson 2 completely like the manga and they made an story close to that .so it means maybe they want to show them in season 3?!. so they will have enough story to make season 3. all of you know at the end of season 2 they showed a sign that :re was written on it . so do you think it was just something spurious?! . so due to all of these we can say it is possible (60%-70%) that it will come ;D . 

      I'm a bit confused, but I think you're trying to say that since a lot of information was left out of S2, they can add it to S3 for padding? 

      Ya'll are super optimistic. XD

      This article was actually talked about a ways up and my opinion is still the same. In a nutshell, the story would be one huge cluster-fuck what ever direction they go with. They can add previous non expounded upon information, but it'd be so awkward. The pacing would thrown completely off and there's some stuff they can't back track on. Like, they can never fix that they made Tsukiyama just some insane stalker. 

      R.I.P Tsukiyama's character development. 

        Loading editor
    • Blue Luna wrote:
      Mr.Kaneki wrote:

      Hello guys ! ;D

      as I said I readmanga and it was really better as all of you said 

      about two days ago when I visited some news sites about tokyo ghoul season 3 i realized something , they said (I know its not a source like pierrot wensite. Im just talking about that what they are saying is right in this paragraph):

      We also covered in our previous reports that the events in Season 3 will most likely to divert from its manga counterpart. Like we said before, the current running manga of the franchise is, "Tokyo Ghoul: Re". The main cause of concern is that 'Tokyo Ghoul: re' only has 43 chapters which might not be enough material to produce a whole season's worth of episodes. link:http://www.crossmap.com/news/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-do-fans-really-want-a-reboot-petition-signatures-say-no-news-updates-24209

      It made me think actually , they didnt made saeson 2 completely like the manga and they made an story close to that .so it means maybe they want to show them in season 3?!. so they will have enough story to make season 3. all of you know at the end of season 2 they showed a sign that :re was written on it . so do you think it was just something spurious?! . so due to all of these we can say it is possible (60%-70%) that it will come ;D . 

      I'm a bit confused, but I think you're trying to say that since a lot of information was left out of S2, they can add it to S3 for padding? 

      Ya'll are super optimistic. XD

      This article was actually talked about a ways up and my opinion is still the same. In a nutshell, the story would be one huge cluster-fuck what ever direction they go with. They can add previous non expounded upon information, but it'd be so awkward. The pacing would thrown completely off and there's some stuff they can't back track on. Like, they can never fix that they made Tsukiyama just some insane stalker. 

      R.I.P Tsukiyama's character development. 

      Yup , the Tsukiyama in the manga is favourable but then in the anime they made him like a maniac . Haha The Yandere Gourmet .

        Loading editor
    • 62.183.154.102 wrote:
      180.191.66.11 wrote:
      who knows the manga has only 22 chapters ongoing maybe if the manga has 40+ chapters......  "I SAID MAYBE" 
      ^ I don't think the anime can continue into :re with how things played out in Root A. Pierrot left out way too many things for :re to make any sense for the anime only people.

      Unless they retco Root out of canon.

      Which I'd be fine with.

      I would like a season 3, though.

      Because Root's ending was on of the most infuriating things I've seen since Teen Titan's finale.

      Or Naruto's ending....or Soul Eater...Or Kenichi's...

        Loading editor
    • GohanRULEZ wrote:
      62.183.154.102 wrote:
      180.191.66.11 wrote:
      who knows the manga has only 22 chapters ongoing maybe if the manga has 40+ chapters......  "I SAID MAYBE" 
      ^ I don't think the anime can continue into :re with how things played out in Root A. Pierrot left out way too many things for :re to make any sense for the anime only people.
      Unless they retco Root out of canon.

      Which I'd be fine with.

      I would like a seraon 3, though.

      Because Root's ending was on of the most infuriating things I've seen since Teen Titan's finale.

      Or Naruto's ending....or Soul Eater...Or Kenichi's...

      No Season 3 for YOU :P

        Loading editor
    • Noooooooooo T_T

        Loading editor
    • yyyyyyyy

        Loading editor
    • well wait wait wait. i just finished watching se2 and ive still not read tha manga, so i really have no idea what happens in the actual storyline. i just have one teeny tiny question for both the Tokyo Ghoul:re and the upcoming se3: .......KANEKI ISNT THE PROTAGONIST??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I read some articles (aka rumours) which said that maybe se3 will be following Toka, which im fine with, but BUT if the new protagonist is just some random new character, how will we know what will happen with all the previous characters and i dont just mean having a quick update about whats going on in their lives but WHAT HAPPENS, you understand? That goes for the manga as well, I mean, does it show Kaneki and Toka and everyone else, or no?

        Loading editor
    • I`m just saying read the manga from the start to tokyo ghoul re. About the anime just forget it, the season 2 is ruined and season 3 most likely won`t happened. Those are just fake rumors. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm just gonna say: there is only one lead protagonist in this entire series and I second Chris. The anime was a shonen-ized mess whose director actually disrespected the author, so you're better off forgetting.

      Now, if spoilers are what you want, you're better off reading the article and not rumor comments. Twisted Hel is your best bet for scanlations of the first series (especially since they're the only ones who have the Epilogue, an important bridging point to the sequel), though they're missing the first 6 chapters so you'd have to use an aggregate site for those (switch back to Twisted Hel once you're done though). TH also has TG:re up to chapter 22, but after that, you'll have to use an aggregate to read the scans from the (now closed) Imperial Scans. Starting Chapter 53, Mangastream is the main scanlator, so you can read from that site for the rest and every week for new chapters.

      Happy reading!

        Loading editor
    • youre awesome, thanks

        Loading editor
    • 110.33.230.229 wrote:
      Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks

      There's a great chance that there will be a season 3, but there are rumors that season 3 will be a reboot since the anime skipped A LOT of things in the manga, i think there are a lot of rumors said that the release date of season 3 is sometime this yr

        Loading editor
    • 87.202.90.9 wrote:
      well wait wait wait. i just finished watching se2 and ive still not read tha manga, so i really have no idea what happens in the actual storyline. i just have one teeny tiny question for both the Tokyo Ghoul:re and the upcoming se3: .......KANEKI ISNT THE PROTAGONIST??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I read some articles (aka rumours) which said that maybe se3 will be following Toka, which im fine with, but BUT if the new protagonist is just some random new character, how will we know what will happen with all the previous characters and i dont just mean having a quick update about whats going on in their lives but WHAT HAPPENS, you understand? That goes for the manga as well, I mean, does it show Kaneki and Toka and everyone else, or no?

      the manga shows kaneki and some other new characters and also some touka

        Loading editor
    • 110.175.168.225 wrote:
      110.33.230.229 wrote:
      Anyone know if there's a Season 3?? Thanks
      There's a great chance that there will be a season 3, but there are rumors that season 3 will be a reboot since the anime skipped A LOT of things in the manga, i think there are a lot of rumors said that the release date of season 3 is sometime this yr

      You say a great chance? no i don`t think they won`t do another season and just let the anime go because the second season was well how to say it trash... so the focus will be on the manga from now on but when it`s end it might get a 3rd season and reboot on  season 2, i don`t think it would call root a then so there might be a root b then. Those rumor you talked about is fake. 

        Loading editor
    • hay ive been waiting a long time for the new season but why would they try to redo it its just not right i say and im 12 for crying out loud.

        Loading editor
    • Why was season 2 so bad? Because it didn't fit with the manga? 

      This is a normal question so please be calm ;)

        Loading editor
    • Ye that was one of the reason, then also how the anime was badly done and that was pierrots fault. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't think there will be a season 3 at all.It was revealed that Ishida apparently intended on having kaneki killed off in root a which makes sense given the fact that he was displeased with season 1 as well and they also killed off essential characters like Amon and hide.

      There will be an anime but root a likely won't have a continuation which is what I'm hoping for tbh.

        Loading editor
    • Do you have any official source confirming a new Tokyo Ghoul anime?

        Loading editor
    • hey, from what i've heard, whats in that link isn't enough confirmation, as it hasn't been announced at major events where they would usually announce the anime, so probably it's not going to happen, and even if it did happen, idk what the hell they could do after 2nd season

        Loading editor
    • I know that and they obviously can't continue root a but from what I've seen Ishida was never planning for it to be continued in the first place.Although Tokyo ghoul is really popular now so an anime adaptation is more than likely either way.

        Loading editor
    • btw nice name ;)

        Loading editor
    • lol thx still waiting on part 3 of the breaker

        Loading editor
    • lol expect that, before a tg season 3, anyways im waiting for it too, cant wait

        Loading editor
    • I am ,i just really want a TG anime reboot because root a was a dissapointment imo season 1 had its faults but was still overall enjoyable.And yeah part 3 of the breaker should be hype Shinwoo"s gonna be a badass hopefully with a new design and all

        Loading editor
    • true true

        Loading editor
    • Soo, Season 3 might just be "improvised" if little to none of it follows the actual manga?

        Loading editor
    • Season 3 does not exist unless an official source states otherwise.

        Loading editor